Hi all, it's good to be back! Hope you're all doing well! We're on a crash course to the end of July so I thought I'd put in another post. Thanks for all the comments last time. I enjoyed reading them all.
A little housekeeping -DJ couldn't find the Huzzah! freebie by Plum Street Samplers. I made an order to the Lindy Stitches shop back in May or June and included in my package was several 250th freebies of which Huzzah! was one. Maybe you could do a little shopping and ask for Huzzah! to be included?
Several of you named the bright red tree that's near me at work as a Crepe Myrtle. I'm guessing they like a little heat. As Lee said, they don't grow up in Michigan.
All sorts of things have been going on so I'll save that for the end, including why I titled my blog Sweat😆
Today I have a #marketmaynia finish, some progress, an exchange plan, and a future new start. Let's go!
My finish for #marketmaynia is Fang from Fang and Big Eye Gang by Twin Peak Primitives...
He's cute with his tie dyed shirt. Oops, I forgot to stitch handles for his skull candy bucket😁 I had run out of the orange floss and had to wait until I could drive to Hobby Lobby located at my former home. I made a list of needed DMCs for future projects. I got back and just now finished Fang. I first used 32ct but didn't like how it was feeling and it was going to be big. The model has all 3 of these finished on dowels and stuck into old thread spools. My plan is to FFO these similarly but glued into small painted metal buckets. In August, I'll start on the next Gang member which is a pumpkin head dressed as a clown. The fabric I'm using is 36ct Sanibel by Tropical Stitches.
My FFO bug is missing so if you see him, send him my way please!😆
Next up is my start from June, Spring Green by BBD. It's from the Ooh La La book...
I went to town on this because I was sure I could finish it before the end of this month and I still think I can. It's 4 1/4" sq inches and stitched on PTP Gingerbread 36ct. That top picture is closer to the real color.
What I forgot to mention last month was I joined an exchange in the Homespun Needlework group on FB. Yes, I got back on Facebook again🙄😄missed it! So my partner is from back east I believe, it's been awhile since I checked where she's from. The deadline is July 30th which is rapidly approaching. I have her piece stitched, it's a whatever season selection for this exchange. It's a Christmas ornament. I have a few other gifts to send along. I kind of want to send her a Christmas card to identify myself. What do you all think about that? Let me know.
Now that Fang is finished, I kitted up a freebie from October House Fiber Arts...
Not much to kit up! I didn't have GAST Dungarees so I substituted with DMC 931. I'm using 36ct Patriot's Brew from R & R. I usually avoid stitching long designs because I don't like how they look when I FFO them. Everybody's long finishes look nice, I don't like mine. I thought this design could work as Patriot and Christmas. You can find her patterns and freebies on her website. She also has a newsletter you can sign up with.
Okay, I think that's it for the stitchy stuff.
About my title Sweat!
The humidity has been out of this world, for us! Our Monsoon season hit fast and furious with rain every single day and/or night going on for a week. Right now the dew point is sitting at 65% and I'm not a happy camper!😂 My hair went Poof! and all I do is sweat. While I'm sitting and stitching, or just moving about. It's worse at work!
But!
The rain has helped to put out a fire north of me. A few times the wind shifted and we ended up with a layer of smoke in the early hours here where I live. It's been worse for those living north and northeast of the fire. Maybe you've heard of Sedona?
It went on for an entire month. With those canyons, you can't get firefighters down in those. So, it's a trade-off with the humidity. I don't know how it would be if we didn't get this relief. Because the dew point is up our temps have stayed down. I don't think for a week we've gotten into the 100s, whew.
Here's a thunderstorm going on the other day when I drove back to my old home. It can rain on your front yard but be dry in your backyard! Monsoon storms are that way.
Speaking of Sedona, I had to drive out that way recently. I forgot how pretty it is there with the red rocks. I could do without all the roundabouts though🙄
And here's a fact of life in Arizona...
This is how people in Phoenix drive, lol. They actually keep oven mitts in their cars because the steering wheel is super hot. I've even found that to be true here, especially if you park toward the sun.
I think that's all she wrote. I'm starting to feel Halloween-ish for August stitching. Someone on a stitching FB group has a finish of a WIP of mine and it's a Halloween piece. I may pick that up in August to get it done.
See you soon and keep cool and safe out there!🙋🏻♀️
Ooooh your Blackbird piece is just lovely and looks fabulous on that fabric! I'll cheer you on from afar that you finish by the end of July. Your other stitching is cute too! Thank you for visiting my blog. When we lived in AZ my husband had to help fight a fire the Marines set off during one of their maneuvers one night. It can happen in the blink of an eye and get out of hand just as quickly. I'm glad they were able to get it out! Loved the pictures of Sedona...makes me a bit "homesick" for AZ. I finally found Huzzah while searching some saved databases from past computer. I have a "bank" I save a lot of patterns in, but thank's for the idea! I hope it cools off for you soon! Happy Stitching!!
ReplyDelete