Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter! A Carrot for You!

I just wanted to pop in here and wish a Happy Easter to those who celebrate and a nice Happy Sunday to those who don't! We're going to color eggs tomorrow and my daughter is going to church and then I'll give her her Easter basket then it's onto a cousins house for an egg hunt for the smaller kids and potluck! Although my daughter is 17, she still likes doing these things with me. It might just be her making me happy because it's important to me to have traditions. I took her to her first Easter egg hunt when she was 3 years old. I had to get out there to keep the older kids from running her down and help her get some goodies! It was fun. Hard to believe she's 17!

I finished up the 2010 Carrot from The Cricket Collection. It turned out really cute!


The leaves at the top and the little pink dots sure make a difference. Monday I'm hitting Hobby Lobby or Joanne's to find a nice fabric to go with this. On the freebie it says this is one of a series of annual Carrots. I've gone to their website looking for others but don't see any. It would have been pretty cool to find other Carrots because it was a fun stitch. I've just realized that I forgot to add some tiny pink buttons to the lawn below the house! Sheesh! Side note: My daughter and I were discussing the white hair that I'm growing. She said if I color my hair, it will take away 10 years from my appearance. What I would really like is to gain back the memory I HAD when I was 10 years younger!! LOL! Anyway, I'll have pics of the finished Carrot with the buttons to show you all on my next post.

For whatever reason, these pictures turned out really nice! I just don't know---but tune in for continuing episodes of All My Camera, or As The Camera Turns!!

I've picked up the stitching for Christmas Mitten from my Crazy January list. It's become boring though! I think it's because I'm antsy to start some new starts. So much for my willpower! I've ordered linen to stitch Fancey Blackett (Pineberry Lane) and Dead of Night (Funk and Weber Designs). Can't wait. Who cares if I end up with a bazillion WIP's at the end of the year!! It keeps me out of trouble!

I see I've hit 51 followers! YAY! Know what that means?! Yes, a Giveaway! But don't enter on this post. I'm waiting for an order to arrive. I will post an announcement then so keep an eye out for that!

Thanks for stopping by! Welcome to the new followers; glad you're here!

PS: If you run your mouse cursor right below the date tab, the title of this post should show. It may not either; it does it from my end. I still haven't found a way to fix that.

11 comments:

  1. I love your carrot. You're right, it is really cute. Enjoy your day with our daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo cute!!! Happy easter

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable pattern. Maybe someone out here in blog world will know about the other carrots.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute little carrot! Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable carrot. Maybe you could contact the designer about the other carrots.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty finish! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a cute carrot. You might want to ask the people at the website if they have carrots from other years or if they just started it. They might have them from other years but just don't have it listed on the site and might email it to you. Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This carrot is lovely! looking forward to see your finish. I haven't seen any carrots as freebies from the cricket collection, but they do have a leaflet with carrots ( at least that is what the title says)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I finally found the carrot designs in the Archive section of their website. Apparently I didn't go far enough because I thought they were freebies. And they're not retired yet. I went to eBay and found some auctions of those very charts with carrots in them. I missed two of them this morning! Totally forgot! But I'm watching an auction for 4 leaflets that end Friday I think. Wish me luck!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Aren't they? I see more carrots in my future!

      Delete