Saturday, August 11, 2012

An Olympic Finish!

I'm awarding myself a gold medal for stitchy butt! I've slowly weaned myself off of the Olympics and managed to go to bed at a decent hour this past week. Two days after my last post I made it to the finish line with Crowns

The Queen's Crowns
PSS
36ct Vtg Maritime White-Lakeside
Belle Soie silks
Is it me or is there a light red blotch in the center left? I have a right eye that's lazy so when I look at this picture with my right eye I don't see a blotch but with my good left eye, I do. What do you think? I slightly misted this so I could iron it as the steam option doesn't work on my iron. Maybe it's just all the red of the crowns that makes it seem like the blotch is there. But the color of the fabric is right on so that's nice for a change! I love it! I'll have this framed sometime in the next 3 months.

I'm waiting on some thread for the LK Mystery Sampler, so I'm biding my time on the bonus pattern from Part 1

It called for lilac linen but I had this, bitter betty brew linen from R&R, in my stash. It's a tiny design. But I think my linen might be a 32 or 35ct and the lilac linen is calling for 30ct. Another small finish to finish! I recently received Part 2 of this mystery sampler. I've been seeing some nice starts of this mystery sampler on other blogs and I just can't wait to get started.

We are positively broiling here in AZ! This past Wednesday it was 100 here in my area. Phoenix was super hot I guess, like 114 or 15. And I read that July was one of the hottest on record for the whole entire country! Don't know what's going on but it's crazy. Well I won't bore you anymore! I appreciate each and every comment you all leave and once again, WELCOME to my new followers! Stay cool and stitching!

9 comments:

  1. Love your new stitches. No...I dont see a blotchy spot. It certainly has been a hot summer! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! Congrats! I am not noticing any blotch from here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sharon! I didn't see a blotch either when I looked at it this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a beautiful finish! My eyes aren't the best but I don't see a blotch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finish on your Crowns! I don't see a blotch. I haven't done much on my Very Scary Mystery Sampler either, so you'll probably pass me up when you get the floss you're waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get my floss and I have just the border and that checkered line just below the top border done. Yeah, the blotch disappeared which is a good thing!

      Delete
  6. Love the crowns, I have got to get this pattern. Every time I see it stitched I just LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well hurry it on up girl! You'll love stitching it, I did:)

    ReplyDelete