Happy Sunday! I didn't think I had much to talk about and show but I do. Today, I have a finish, a new start, progress, a new purchase, and an actual win! Let's go!
In the last post, I talked about working on a big piece along with some smalls. Just yesterday, I pulled out my big Jane Southward. She was in time out but I sat down and frogged out all my wrong stitches. And then stitched the vine back in....
She's on 40ct WDW Cocoa. So far it's the one color. I'll go back in and stitch in the 2nd color for the vine. I probably could just keep the one color in and move on but I won't feel good about it! Some things I'm willing to 'cheat' a little but not on this.
Another WIP I just picked up today is Raven Moon from the JCS 2022 Halloween issue...
I'm not sure of the color of the fabric but it is 32ct. I'm doing 2 over 2. That moon, whew, was a humdinger! Five colors went into that. I followed the graph at first but toward the end, I was just throwing any colors at it, lol. It looks good though. This is one that I may 'cheat' on though. There's one more branch with 3 smaller branches at the bottom and the large branch under the Raven needs to be thicker with it coming off the trunk. I might leave off that lower branch. We'll see. I might decide to stitch it all in.
Now we're up to my finish! I think I worked on this since my last post. Dr Raven by Stacy Nash...
I think my fabric is Grey by WDW, 36ct. I used the called for floss but with 1 substitution. The instructions to sew him up seem easy enough. Flip him over and draw a quarter inch line from the stitching leaving it open at the bottom for stuffing. It's going to be tricky getting the mask stuffed. I'm not sure if I will hand sew or machine. I do terrible curves using my machine. My machine is good at straight lines! He stands 7 3/4". Stay tuned for the FFO of Doc.
Next up is my new start,
Merry Brew, on a 36ct fabric with called for floss. I love this design and it's the 2nd time I've stitched it. I wouldn't call it big so I'll work on it from time to time.
My new purchase is for the Gingerbread display I want during the holidays. I saw it somewhere and just had to have it!...
From Buttermilk Basin. I saw it at the Country Sampler website but just the chart; they were waiting on the fabric which is 36ct Cocoa from Blackberry Primitives. It's now sold as a kit. The Cocoa is the same fabric used on the Stacy Nash Gingerbread Boy needlebook from Jingle Ball last year. I still need to finish that but my floss for it have wandered off!
In previous posts, I've mentioned liking October House Fiber Arts and that she has a newsletter that she releases every month. For July she announced a floss bundle giveaway and I entered. Guess what? I was one of the winners!ππ€―
She announced the winners in this months newsletter. There are 51 skeins, unused, from GAST, WDW and CCW. There are a few limited colors. I can now put them on their respective rings.
But wait! That's not all! She also sent these:
32ct Flax, 2 note pads, and a chart. Just love it! It was great. The USPS had it going everywhere thoughπ from Arkansas to Memphis and then AZ. Good things come to those who waitππΌ
Take a look at how AI describes me and my blog..
Click on it to make it readable. Everytime I get on my blog to start a new post or to see if there are any new posts by bloggers, I see my dates of when I started this blog, and then I move on. When I see it described as "active for well over a decade", I think Wow!π It's different seeing it written out. I'm an Enthusiast!! Lol.
A new month is almost upon us and I've already thought of new stitching plans. I was looking through my phone pictures and came upon several Shannon Christine freebies that I took from her Facebook group. Many are little Gingerbread designs. You probably know where this is going! My Gingerbread state of mind commences on the 1st of September! Carol Stitching Dreams got me on this Shannon Christine bingeπ after seeing her 2 tiny Shannon Christine Christmas ornament finishes on her latest post. I'll go through my floss and fabric to kit up some of these Gingerbread freebies and get started on Tuesday the 1st. It's going to be fun. It'll get my mind off of how hot it's been around here.
That's the segue way into the weather. It has rained so much! I had to drive up to the old house a couple days ago and the hillsides are so green π π
Click on the pictures to see the dark green on the hillside. My one brother and I had to go halfsies on a landscaper to cut down the weeds in the yard of the house, they'd gotten so tall. The thistle bushes act like trees but they had to come down. The purple flowers bring in a lot of bees, however. The yard now looks great.
It's still hot where I live but hopefully it'll start cooling off next month. I'd like to get out and do some road trips but it's too hot and I'd look like a drowned rat with all my sweating π
Alrighty! I think this is it. Anybody joining the many SALs out there? I used to be good at Sals in the past but now I just do my own thing!
Take care and we'll see you in September.









No comments:
Post a Comment