Thursday, October 6, 2011

Blabbering and so on...

Almost a month later...Yikes! Just when I thought I was doing better at updating this blog, I go and disappear for nearly a month! But there's a reason for that!

Last week I started a new job. I work 4 10 hr days, Tuesday thru Friday. And let me tell you..I'm exhausted! I wake up at 4:15 a.m. or so to take a shower. I start at 6 a.m. It's been years since I've had a job like this one. But having Mondays off makes it all worthwhile; not to mention more hours and a better paycheck. The downside is when I get home all I want to do is sit on the couch and do nothing...nothing like stitch or update this blog! In fact, it's 16 minutes past my bedtime right now. I get home at 5 p.m. and there's hardly any time to do anything like cook, wash dishes (I do dishes the old-fashioned way!), or read stitching blogs. We've been living off of microwave food, my daughter and I! I know it's not healthy but it sure is quick. Tonite, though, I went grocery shopping and bought food that'll have to be cooked!

This past weekend I finally picked up some stitching while watching the Pioneer Woman's last Food Network show on Saturday. I'll sure miss it! Anyway, here is what I THINK I was stitching!((O)) yawn, oh exuse me!!
This is a freebie from Plum Street Samplers. It's stitched on some kinda linen with WDW thread. You pick your own linen and threads. This was my 12th WIP from last year. Glad to say I'm done with those from 2010. I have 4 new WIP's created this year. Probably not enough to join the Up for A Challenge 2012! Joining that challenge was the best thing as I finished stuff that hung around for years and years.

I finished the last of my Halloween Sal-e (stitch alone) projects.
 From the Stitcherhood on 14ct Fiddlers lite aida. Quick and easy stitch. I finished Blessed Be, another freebie, this one from Plum Pudding Needlearts and finished it into a hanging pillow. It turned out real cute!

That'll be the end of my Halloween stitching. Unfortunately, I may be selling those same stitchings on eBay to help us through the week and a half of waiting for my next paycheck. But I'm keeping Blessed Be! Anyway, last Monday I started on my Christmas stitching, earlier than I thought I'd be able to. I have a lot of ornaments I want to stitch. I still haven't found the new JCS Ornaments magazine around here. In related news--our local Barnes & Noble is going to close at the end of this year:((. I usually found the newest JCS ornament magazine there. This just sucks!

Sorry I lied!! Here's the last of my Halloween stitching! Sorry again! I guess I didn't take a pic. It's from Plum Street Samplers 'My Pretties', the welcome one with the raven.

A couple posts back I mentioned I was going to make Prickly Pear jelly and add a jar to my blogoversary giveaway. Well guess what? We got this crazy hail storm a couple weeks back and here's what I had left:

A whole 3 left! Not enough to make a half a cup of jelly! This cactus is bigger and more spread out than the picture shows. There WAS about 15 to 20 fruits before that storm came thru. That great Prickly Pear god just does not want me to make jelly, I guess!

It has finally cooled down around here, to the point of having to use a blanket at night. But it's what I've been waiting for. I just don't do hot very well and you'd think I would because I'm a lifelong Arizonan. I'm just getting old!

Well I'm off to bed! Thanks for stopping by and listening to my blabbering! ZZZZZzzzzzz

2 comments:

  1. your stitching pieces are wonderful :D and bummer on the prickly pear gods! I have had that jelly and it is yummy! Glad your weather is cooling down....love arizona in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job! I didn't know the Pioneer Woman was on the Food Network, I love her recipes. :) Love your Halloween stitching - cute! That's too bad about your Prickly Pear jelly, I've never tried it. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete