Thursday, March 29, 2012

An Award and updates

Good Evening!

I've won an award called the Liebster Blog award. It's for those newer blogs with 200 followers or less. Thanks Penny (click for her blog), for awarding this to me. I rarely win anything so you gotta get 'em where you can! I'm hard-pressed to find blogs that haven't won the Liebster yet!. What I will do however is let you in on 5 random facts about me:

  1. I am an American Indian, from Arizona. I do bead-work and leather-work. But right now cross-stitch has my total attention!
  2. I love anything Red Velvet, i.e. cake (cup and/or otherwise!), ice cream, yogurt, candles, etc. etc.!
  3. I have 30 cousins, 27 of them live either within 2 miles of me in Prescott Valley or within 30 miles. Two are in Tennessee, 1 in Oklahoma,
  4. My two brothers and I are orphans, having lost our parents to cancer. My mom died 22 years ago, and my dad just 4.5 years ago. It has made us closer than before.
  5. I once left the Christmas tree up clear into March! My dad said I might as well just leave it up for the next Christmas!! Yes, I can and will procrastinate!
Since I didn't nominate 5 other blogs, I'm not sure if I can accept this award just because of the wording. I know-splitting hairs! That would be the 6th fact for my list! But I appreciate it Penny! And Welcome!

While I'm here I might as well update you all on my March Freebie Madness. Here's the newest one with the fabric that is going on the back for a pincushion
Freebie by Midsummer Night Designs
(Don't know the name!)
32ct French Vanilla linen
DMC
The picture turned out nice just because I tweaked the brightness/contrast controls. My camera is still not taking nice pics. Here's another freebie with its fabric. Okay, this one's going to be the pincushion and the one above is going to be a pillow. I can't wait to use some of the trim that I bought for the giveaway in January. Obviously I did not use the brightness/contrast controls on this pic!
Here is my fourth freebie, 90% done

2010 Carrot
The Cricket Collection freebie
30ct Hush-a-bye Yellow R&R
Called for DMC
This picture doesn't show the right color as it's a nice light yellow color. And there's my favorite purchase, my needleminder! I've had this freebie in my stash for awhile so it was time to stitch it up. All I need to do is stitch all the greenery at the top. I'll finish it as a hanging pillow in the shape of, oh you know, a carrot! So that makes 4 freebie finishes for the month of March.

I'm anxious to return to CJC stitching. I know what I'll be stitching--the Christmas Mitten (you can click on the link).

I need to hit the sack now. TGIF tomorrow! It's been a long week and this is one weekend I'm looking forward to. My brother is out of town working and my daughter will be camping the entire weekend with her ROTC group. So it's just me and the kitties and my date with Zach Fagen (or Hagen) of Ghost Adventures and Chinese food for dinner. Can't wait!

Thanks for coming by!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award! Your stitching is lovely. Look forward to see them finished. Love the fabrics you've picked to accompany them.

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award! I love reading the random facts about everyone. I also leave my Christmas tree up until February, and one year almost till Easter!

    The fabric for your pillow/pincushions are great matches and your stitching is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shelly!
    Great to know more about you. I love your smalls and your lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly, I love the freebies! You've chosen the perfect fabrics to use with them. Can't wait to see how you finish them off.

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the freebies, but the carrot is simply adorable!! very curious to see the finished carrot:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice to read about other people!! I love your smalls and can't wait to see them finished off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on finishing all the smalls. Looking forward to seeing them finished.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete