Saturday, June 23, 2012

Lookie, lookie!

Look what I found while grocery shopping!
And I'm on the waiting list at 123 Stitch for the new JCS Halloween issue. Can't wait for that one! Am I excited? you bet! Look at all those exclamation points!

I am working on a Crazy right now, the Ark. No pics though. I'm halfway finished with it. I'll be back with a post of that finish when I'm done.

I hit Hobby Lobby this a.m. armed with a 40% off coupon and bought the supplies to mount Antique Keys to this box-

I decided to put the design on a box. I know which paint I'll use but just need to nail down which paper I want to line the inside with. I have a trim for the top also. SoCal Debbie had the idea of mounting it into a frame with hooks at the bottom to hang keys. I plan on stitching this again because I STILL have the Belle Soie and I may just use her idea. I also bought mounting board to do some ornament finishing. So be sure to check back; I feel the finishing virus coming back!

Speaking of Hobby Lobby, do you know they already have Fall and Christmas items out?! It's getting so crazy!

Well I'm gonna go lose myself in my new magazine with a large glass of ice water. I'm trying to lose some weight so I'm drinking a lot of water. I don't hardly drink water in the winter but I do in the summer, whether I'm trying to loose weight or not. And it's been pretty darn warm here too.

Take care everyone. Thanks for stopping in and for your comments on the last post. Appreciate it!

P.S.: Jeanne, I found the 2010 Carrot freebie from Cricket Collections. Couple of posts back, you asked if I could send you a copy. Let me know if you still want it and I'll email it.

8 comments:

  1. I bet you'll enjoy the new publication:-) new stitching plans to make! I'm happy to hear your finishing bug has returned. Will be rechecking your blog to see finishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will. I have fabric/thread for 3 of the ornaments to stitch now. But I must not get derailed from finishing the Ark!

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen the new magazine yet down here in the Valley...I will now be on the look out for it. Looking forward to seeing the finished box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracie, I found the magazine at Fry's. Now you can go look for it!

      Delete
  3. The craft stores start early so that crafters have enough time to get everything that they need for Fall and Christmas and have them all done on time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure your box will be fantastic! That's good that you want to stitch the Keys again. I would never want to do the same thing twice. Maybe your finishing bug will rub off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 'Antique Keys' is looking good Shelly - can't wait to see your box finish. I sent you an email about the freebie carrot pattern.

    ReplyDelete