Monday, July 9, 2012

Halloween Heaven, etc, etc.

Good Afternoon ladies (and gents?!)! Hope those of you living in the Midwest and elsewhere dealing with the heat are managing alright. It's been a brutal summer and we in Arizona are waiting for the monsoon rains to start for some relief.

I now have my 5th CJC finish

Ark Sampler
JCS Mar/Apr '88
28ct tea-dyed linen
DMC



Here's another angle. The blue on the words and the border sure shows up. That was 823 or 832 DMC. This took some concentrated stitching! It's all I stitched on but I'm proud of it as it's one of the few big designs I've stitched. Here's what the Ark looked like the last time I picked it up-February 19! Shameful! 

I'm now closing in on my 6th CJC finish, take a look-see
That border is killing me. Funny, the border looks like a couch we used to have in the 70's lol!! Anyway, all I have to stitch are the words, pine branches at the top, finish the backstitching in the border, and I need an owl button to finish it off. Below is how it looked on the 4th day of the Crazy


Yesterday I managed to finish-finish two of my finished items
It turned out wonderful. I plan to hang this with a wide satin ribbon with a bow at the top. I'll take it into Michael's or Hobby Lobby to find the perfect ribbon. It'll be primitive with a touch of elegance! I finally invested in a utility knife but it still had problems going through the mounting board. And here is Candy Corn

The fabric she's sitting on is her back side. I filled the bottom with the lizard sand and the top with stuffing. She's a nice petite size. I'm getting ready to put another layer of paint on my box because the first color doesn't quite match the thread on Antique Keys. Aanndd...I've got two ornaments to finish-finish. So my next post should feature those two ornaments.

Sorry I don't know how Beckham got in there but he's so freakin' gorgeous!

Ok, back to business--Halloween Heaven indeed! I just received this long awaited magazine!

I thumbed through it saying this one, this one, this one, so on and so on! And then I took the plunge and got into the Lizzie Kate Mystery Sampler club

I have most of the WDW but need the fabric called for. It's charted for 30ct but I think I'll stitch it on 32ct. Now if I can just find the time to stitch all this!

Couple weeks ago my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to count my stash; Behold!
  • 60 Freebies
  • 33 Charts
  • 6 of those charts have fabric
  • 8 Kits (meaning fab and fibers)
  • 11 Magazine patterns w/fab
  • 21 Magazine patterns w/no fab or fibers
  • 2 Books w/fab (like the BBD books I have)
  • 6 Books w/out fab or fibers
  • 52 Misc. copies from magazines and charts
  • 16 WIP's.
My recent purchases are included!

I can't wait to retire! Then I can just sit and stitch and stitch and when I get tired of that, I'll read and read!

I don't know if you all know it but today is Malware Monday. Malware, if you don't know, is inserted into computers by advertising and causes havoc. Since I'm the only one on this computer, I think I'm safe. Just having the same issues from Blogger because of the amount of pics I put on here! So it's time to send this on it's way.

Thanks everyone, for your comments on the last post and for hangin' with me. Keep cool and safe!

BTW, I've added a few more things to my Stash for Sale page. I have more but Blogger or my computer, is slowing waaaay down. I'll add the other things tomorrow. Check 'em out!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your Ark finish, Shelly! Hoo Knows just cracks me up. I remember laughing at that the first time I saw it on your blog. You did a great job on your finish-finishes.

    I'm looking forward to retiring and stitching just like you! (but still such a long time to go)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I have a ways to go too, like 20+ years! Hoo Knows makes me chuckle too!

      Delete
  2. Collecting stash can sometimes be more fun than actually stitching them! Then they all scream at you to be stitched now! I have to buy the halloween issue from just cross stitch - am in love with your candy corn - she is so adorable! Congratulations on your Ark Sampler finish and I am just loving that frame you put your sheep in - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You! I hear my stash yelling for me now, better go! Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhhh.... thanks for the Beckham shot!!! Great finishes. I can't wait to check out the new halloween books. That's a great stash that you have!!!

    Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete