Sunday, July 22, 2012

6th Crazy Finish and more f f's

Without further ado..wait, let me say what 'f f's' mean. Finished finishes!

Here is Hoo Knows, my 6th CJC finish

Hoo Knows
Imaginating
Called for DMC, fabric
JABC Owl
This is so hilarious, I get a chuckle every time I read it! A labor-intensive stitch for sure with the big tree on the left and the border with the two colors and the backstitching. But it's worth it!

I have moved on to Pretty Poppies but no pic. I'll put one up the next post. It's turning out quite colorful and cute. I took a break between Hoo Knows and Poppies to read "The Help". I just loved it! I couldn't put it down but I hated the end. I was sorry to see Aibileen let go. I finally watched the movie yesterday and I thought the book was better. I then moved to "Glass Castles" by Jeannette Walls. This was a memoir of her young years with her siblings and two very dysfunctional parents. Just by reading the reviews, I knew there was going to be a positive outcome but it just bummed me out with the attitude of her parents. Lots of starving, alcohol abuse, irresponsibility, and so on and so on. I won't say how the ending was in case some of you want to read it. After that book, I picked a bodice-ripping romance set in Scotland. After "Castles", something ridiculous is just what I needed! Whew!

I've finished two more ornaments
Here's Tweet. She's on mounting board surrounded with greenish chenille that I'd hoped would match the grass under the mama bird. Then I glued on the ribbon for the bow and hanger. I see I have to trim up the woolfelt a little. BUT here's the star of the day
This may be the prettiest thing I've done! I've had the trim forever waiting to be used on something. It's gold trim that I picked up at an after-Christmas sale. I sandwiched it between the stitching and gold woolfelt on the backside. If you look carefully you'll see yellow pins on the sides; half pinkeep, half flat ornament! The hanger is a sparkly gold trim with little white smidgens (for lack of a better word!). Hobby Lobby has all these trims in small lengths that go for very cheap in their sale corner.

I planned on starting the LK mystery sampler but I don't have the thread for the border so I'm waiting for the order for that and two others. I've decided to stitch on something during the Olympics and unlike many others, I've decided on something British!
Can't wait..for the Olympics and to stitch this.

My box for Antique Keys and Locks is coming along. Tomorrow I should have the lining paper installed, and the stitching on the top. I'm learning as I go and running into problems such as-take off the hardware first! I'm having to scrape the paint off the latch in front. And don't go wishy-washy on the color. I bought some Minwax yesterday and should have put that on in the first place. I sanded the paint that was already on so the wood grain would show and then applied the Minwax. Next time, just buy the Minwax and just use that. I have some ideas for these small keys that I have..I won't say though! You'll have to wait to see the finished product!

Well, there's a storm brewing and I've got to get dinner started. Last weekend, it rained for 2 1/2 days. My zucchini plants just went..BOING!!..and I should have some zukes to cook soon. I've been looking for zucchini recipes and have found several.

Take care y'all! And a big huge WELCOME to my new followers. So exciting!

5 comments:

  1. this is the downside of reading other stitchers blogs - you come across even more things you want to stitch - as if I don't have a long enough list already! love your hoo knows and your stars and angels - especially love the way you finished it! why have I not chosen an olympic piece to stitch yet? I have to get myself more organised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to get organized-easier said than done! Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  2. Hoo Knows is wonderful! I love it! Your gold Christmas ornament finish-finish came out fantastic! I hope to do something half as pretty some day, when I get the nerve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha.. Yep ~ He's still wrong! love it! your ornaments are so pretty. Hope the storm wasn't to bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie! We got 20 minutes of rain from that storm. We need all we can get here!

      Delete