Saturday, September 14, 2013

Turtle Trot September

A Day Late and A Dollar Short!

A day late with my Trot post. I was too exhausted when I got home from work to take a picture and post something. I vegetated on the couch and started nodding off at 8:30 p.m.! So here's my WIP and yes, just one



I replaced a different WIP with this one. This is called Dead of Night by Funk & Weber Designs. It's on 32ct black linen with DMC. I'm nearly done but I may frog that one line on the left ghost right above the cat. It's a different color white if that's possible. The WIP that was replaced was the Navajo rug. It's on 14ct Aida using 3 strands but I used 2 and it still went through the holes roughly. So I've decided to re-do it on 32ct white linen sometime in the near future.

Don't forget to throw your name in for my giveaways! Here's the link-http://shelly-anarizonastitcher.blogspot.com/2013/09/a-little-finish-and-giveaway.html

Or just go back to the last post.

I know it's real early yet but I've been thinking of some stitching themes for 2014. I have about 2 magazine designs plus WIPs from magazines that I'd like to stitch. They're from various JCS magazines and others. For 2014 my stitching would consist of nothing but designs from magazines. I have a couple kitted up already.

Then, I have some kits, 3 to be exact, that I've held onto. They're big ones. Two that are started but not finished and one that its floss has been separated and that's it. All 3 are on Aida, however.

Thirdly, a BAP (Big A__ Project) year. I have that Christmas Sampler from BBD, a few PSS designs, and one that I'm planning on buying, the witchy sampler just out by BBD. I just got to have that one!

I would only do one of these of course!

Hope the weather is nice where you're at!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

8 comments:

  1. Shelly: This is an adorable pattern, I have never seen this on before, love it.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your WIP looks brill so far :) can't wait to see more xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stitching...and my aren't you ambitious...already planning 2014 stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Gracie! I drive myself nuts thinking of 'stuff' that are way in advance!

      Delete
  4. What a great design Shelly. I too, have been thinking about my 2014 starts. Haven't came up with to many ideas yet.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I do know that I'm not going to join any SALs in 2014. I'll stay with TUSAL though because it doesn't require much, you know!

      Delete
  5. Love your current Halloween WIP.
    It sounds like you have some great projects lined up. I just need to stash stitch and not get anything new next year :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. I'm putting myself on a stash diet. There are a couple of charts I want though!

      Delete