Monday, February 10, 2014

Turtle Trot Feb. 2014, Horse of Another a Color, Ghostly Green Snowman

Hi all! It's TT time!

I worked on three of my WIPs, which is unusual for me. Here they are:

Home, A Diminutive Sampler. Before



And after



I'm so glad this picture is not really a closeup because my stitching is not all that great for some reason! One of my purchases with my SFS-exempt birthday money was more floss for Home because I ran out at this point. By this next time month, I should be doing a Happy Dance!

In the Meadow by CCN, Before



After



See the Ghostly Green Snowman, wooooooo. I'm seeing a reddish splotch in the middle area, must be my pink fuzzy socks since I have my snaps leaning on my crossed leg. Those leaves on the trees are probably the toughest things to stitch on this-there's soo many!

Fancey Blackett by Pineberry Lane, Before



After



I've added a few more leaves and one and a half of the levitating owls! I can't wait to start stitching Fancey and those freakishly large rats! Eww.

And Horse of Another Color! I'll explain!



Since the last time I stitched on Blackwater Hollow Sampler, I've added the legs to the horse, the vine, and flower. That horse is Supposed to be GAST Walnut but for some reason I've turned it into an Onyx horse! I don't know what happened. My best guess is that I was watching tv and stitching! So be it, I'm not going to frog the horse. It looks fine.

In summary, I'm looking at at least 3 Happy Dances by the time March rolls around. And what's up next? Posting for the SFS on the 22nd. I can proudly say that I haven't bought anything. I used some of my birthday money on some thread for some Spring and Easter stitching, and I bought another Q-Snap, all of which are exempt. I love being exempt. Now if I can find a way to be exempt from working!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Thanks Ladies for your comments. I enjoy reading them. Take care to those of you dealing with more snow and cold. We had a scare last Friday of 1 to 3 inches of snow, which never materialized! Then 2 days later it hit 61 degrees! Weird weather we're having. But I worry about our fire season which may start sooner than later. We're at the mercy of Mother Nature, aren't we? See everyone on the 22nd!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

13 comments:

  1. So many great projects, Shelly!! I adore Fancy Blackett... I bought it when it first came out--not sure why I haven't stitched it yet.

    Glad you escaped the snow--I'll gladly send you some of ours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on all of them Shelly.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your WIPs. Looks like you made good progress on that house! Wait... rats?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects Shelly!! I really love the second one with the ghost snowman!! Is it stitched on Swamp linen? Love that green colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty color on the home on top, glad you got enough floss to finish it! Great job on all the leaves of your trees. Your Onyx horse looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The WIPS you are working on are some of my favorite charts! I can't wait to see them all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely progress. Look forward to seeing your finishes in March.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great progress! I love these designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are making great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your horse looks wonderful - lots of great stitching. Great Read, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great progress on all of your pieces. First thing I noticed on your In the Meadow piece was the hat and buttons for the snowman. It made me think of how fast our snow was here and fast it was gone. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely progress on all your projects. xx

    ReplyDelete