Thursday, July 10, 2014

July's Turtle Trot

Hi everyone!

I can't seem to leave comments on blogs lately. I don't know what's going on. It must be a Blogger thing because when I click on say..my local newspapers' website, the page loads completely. On the blogs, the page doesn't go to a full load, which also describes my mind lately! Sometimes I feel like I should just buy a PC. I'm hoping this isn't permanent. Anyone else using an iPad having this problem? So to Gracie from Needles Pins and Dragonflies, I'm hoping you're feeling better after your fall. One of these days I just may 'wander' into Joanne's too!

Edited to add: I restarted my iPad and that seemed to clear up the problem. Thanks Kathy Simpson, I will keep your tip in mind!

As for Turtle Trot, I managed to work on just one WIP
LK's Mystery Sampler from almost two years ago. What I'd like to know is What happened to last year?! It's Thursday and..never mind, I'm starting to babble. I get tired near the end of the week and my mind isn't fully loading! Anyway, I thought I would delay the satin stitches but I like moving left to right, top to bottom so I bared down and stitched them. They were actually fun and so shiny. The picture doesn't do them justice. I have the entire bottom section left to do. Here's what this looked like before

The Ruby Pemberton Sampler Pillow is not a TT WIP but I did make progress on it until I ran out of thread! Here she is before

And now
I put in an order for another skein of GAST Claret.

I also forgot to show my progress on School Days last time
It's coming along nicely. I was glad to stitch in the tree trunk and the leaves to get some color onto this thing!

Along with the GAST thread mentioned above, I also ordered the LK Hats Off chart with the embellishment pack. The designer has some real cute stuff coming out for Halloween and Christmas. I also received word from 123stitch that my reserved copy of the newest JCS Halloween magazine has arrived and that I can go order it! Haha, may have to wait to order that though. Although my stashing has gone down considerably this year, I feel like I'm still not learning anything! But seriously, after I buy that magazine, I will be putting a clamp on the wallet and doing my best to forget my Visa number!

Thanks for stopping in! A big WELCOME to the new followers also! I'm off to restart this iPad and see if it will help this blog problem. 


9 comments:

  1. Some blogs don't load for my iPad either. Touch the world icon at the top right and then it should but not sure why. Hope they fix it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of beautiful stitching on your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your projects Shelly! Halloween is going to be here before we know it. I have almost given up trying to comment on blogs with my iPad. I don't know if it's me or what but can't tell you how many times I have typed in a whole comment but when I go to publish it something happens and the whole thing is gone. Really annoying....I like reading blogs in my recliner with the iPad but commenting is a pain. I think it has something to do with trying to scroll down to publish the comment and somehow it's wiping stuff out. I much prefer using my PC for commenting. Hope you figure out what is causing your issues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking through my LK patterns last night and thought I really should start my Halloween Mystery.
    Yours is looking great!
    School days looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful progress on all of them Shelly.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on your WIPs. I do love the Halloween piece.
    I usually don't comment on the IPad because my comments have often vanished and haven't been published. So the PC is much more reliable when commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done a lot of progress on your WIP's Shelley. Very pretty little red sampler! As for the ipad issues, I think I've heard people had problems commenting on blogs before, with pop up comment windows. I guess the ipad wants to do it's own thing. Not sure how to help you :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Lizzie Kate is looking great! Lovely stitching :)

    ReplyDelete