Sunday, February 15, 2015

Gifted Gorgeousness February, a finish, progress

Hello everyone!

Time for the GG! This a year-long SAL hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitcher. Stitch on a project that was gifted, fabric/floss that was gifted, a gift to someone, etc. Over on my sidebar I have a button to check it out.

I have Fancey Blackett's Brooms which was given to me for a birthday. She's coming along and I'm glad to see one of her red eyed owls hangin' with her!..

Here's how she looked before..
The top picture is better for the actual fabric color, which is WDW Beige. This is the only gifted or to be gifted project I have so when I'm done with Fancey, this SAL is over for me! I'll be down to just one SAL which is the Glendon Place Amazing Desserts one.

I have another Crazy finish..Emmanuel freebie by PSS..
This is number four. It's so small because I stitched it on 36ct.

While I've gotten some stitching on a few things, Trick or Treat got most of my attention..
and before
Jo wanted to know if I had all the buttons and no, I do not. There's a lot of them. I have a few bats and pumpkins in my stash but I'll wait for the end to see if I really need more.

Last weekend I had a kind of rotation going while I was bingeing on Sherlock Holmes on Netflix! Every new episode I changed to a different project. Lasted for a little while though because I watched the last 2 seasons! Have some of you heard of The American Horror Story that was on FX and is now on Netflix? I saw the first two episodes and must say its a weird show. I might use it for another rotation.

For the most part, I just pick up whatever catches my eye. Today that is Salem Sisters by PSS while we watch Mouse Hunt, a crazy mice have run amok movie. 

I'm off to stitch. Thank you for your comments on my last post. I didn't get to finish my Valentines Day finishes. The 14th took me by surprise! Take care. Best wishes to those of you dealing with cold and snow. It's about 70 outside ;)






11 comments:

  1. Ooo! I love that dove freebie! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stitching on all of your lovely projects Shelly.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful WIPS and a cute little finish. How nice and warm. We are in northern Alabama visiting family. It will in the teens tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Fancey is looking really good but it will be a shame to see you finish the SAL. Quick, enter some more giveaways!
    I also love your little dove and the spooky stitching. Maybe someone will gift you some buttons and you can include that too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cute finish, Shelly, and your Fancey piece will be darling. I just love that little witch :)

    I'm afraid American Horror Story would keep me up at night--I can't even watch a scary commercial without fleeing the room!

    70°--oh, I'm so jealous!! It is a mere 4 here at one in the afternoon :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Jo ... enter a few giveaways ;). I love your Halloween projects, they look like such fun. But then I'm a Halloween junkie. What a fun idea for a rotation .... may have to give it a go myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your rotation idea! We are about halfway through the first series of American Horror on Netflix and it just keeps getting weirder! Very funny though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of really pretty stitching. Well done on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great patterns You've chosen. I really like the Emmanuel finish - so lovely. You've chosen lovely fabric for trick or treat.

    ReplyDelete