Saturday, March 7, 2015

WIP it! WIP it good! Stashing and whatever else.

How've you all been? I've been MIA due to work, aches and pains, and while I'm at it, where the heck have the last two months gone? Hmm? Well, I can finally walk properly without a hitch in my get up and go. My knee is finally doing better. The overtime at work is over, hallelujah! I now have my 3 day weekend back and after not stitching for 4 or 5 days, I picked up a needle and stitched this morning. But the mountain of WIPs still remain. Last weekend I picked up a few WIPs, stitched an hour or so and then picked up something else to do the same. That weekend it rained for 4 days on and off and then as a last kick in the booty, snow! Picture heavy.

And now, it's 61 degrees outside and we've got this..
Everything is just greening up. I was going to prune my 25 year old rose bush but have misplaced my pruners. So here I am and now you probably want to see my progress on WIPs. Here we go..
I added more branch to Trick or Treat.

Blackie Pin Cushion by Homespun Elegance got more body and the tree, and leaves. I thought I had a before picture but I don't.

Here's Holiday Samplings II by Homespun Elegance also..
That last diamond at the right is where the end is so its not too big.

And before..

And I finally picked up an older WIP, Blackwater Hollow Sampler by Stacy Nash..
And before..

I have more that I stitched on but I'll save those for another day.

And I stashed!
The extent of my Market buys..for now! I have my eye on a chart from Lindsay Lane, two from Country Stitches, one from PSS but they'll have to wait. 

These came from Needlecraft Corner in their Clearance section for half off so disregard the prices on the two Stacy Nashes! Bee in your Bonnet is going to be the perfect summer stitch. And I can't pass up anything Scary so there ya go!

These came from a stash sale put on by the owner of the blog Cozy Egg for her friend. I looked for it again but it looks like the sale is over. I bought the Smokey Pearl linen for the Frosty Forest charts (thanks Jeannie!) but I'm not real sure of the color now.

I think I have enough new stash now!

Couple posts ago Jo of Serendipitous Stitching asked me if I had a lot of fabric for finishing..
That's all of it! Plus other Halloween fabric in the green box below. I feel about fabric like I do stash, I have to rein myself in. A lot of it though are remnants that I picked up at Hobby Lobby, and Joanne's.

While I'm at it, here's my trims..
   
And..
All of this is in my tall plastic storage tower. And I have more because Victorian Motto had a Primitive trims package for sale so I bought!

While doing some cleaning, I came across some 14ct Aida. Who would like them? If more than one person would like them, I'll draw names next Saturday. Unfortunately, I can't ship overseas or Canada, just the US. 
Steel Grey, Williamsburg Blue, and Fiddlers.

Well, I believe that's it. Hope the pictures aren't too blurry. I haven't touched my Gifted Gorgeousness yet so I need to get going on that. I have not bought fabric for the Glendon Place Desserts SAL put on by Brenda from Stitch Haven so I need to take care of that. At the same time, I ask myself..Do I really need a new start?! We'll see. I may be raring to go when the 2nd post comes up for the SAL in April!

I'm enjoying your comments! A big WELCOME to the new followers on Bloglovin and here. Take care!

Here's Bubba Jay who just woke up



 



 
 











12 comments:

  1. You've had some crazy weather!! All of the WIPS are looking so good, I'm so glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelly. I would love the 14ct aida. That is all I stitch on. Cute pic of Bubba Jay. I love all of your stash. The new charts are great. Fantastic stitching on all of your projects.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the knee is on the mend. Lots of lovely stitching and great stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing all your WIPS, your stash, and your sweet kitty... and I LOVE that new header pic! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love the 14 ct. aida. I only stitch on aida and the colors are so pretty. Thanks for the chance. Enjoy your new stash! You got a great deal on the sale charts! Bubba Jay looks like he's winking at the camera. :)
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL at your title. I will have Devo stuck in my head all day now! I love Victorian Motto, too. She has the greatest colors! I use her threads for cross stitch and punch needle. The variations in color are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stash heaven on this post!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Shelly, do you have an email address where I can reach you? I have a question to ask you if you don't mind. It’s unrelated to the topic of your blog, but still important.

    Thank you for your time

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your WIPs--so pretty and you will have lots of fun things when you finish! Your new stash is lovely, too! You do have lots of fabric and ribbon!! I can't imagine that you would need to buy anything for a while!!! HA HA I have a lot, too, and still buy more! Can't help myself!!
    Love that sweet kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a busy, busy year for you so far, Shelly--sure hope the work has slowed down and the health issues are improving... Love your WIPs and the title of your post is so great :)

    We are still snow-covered here :( BLECH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of lovely stitching here on so many pieces!
    And wow for that fabric cupboard, and all the lovely trims too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete