Saturday, March 21, 2015

Bunnies Galore and a winner!

Can you guess what I spent my morning doing?
Yup! I finish finished up a few things. I started last weekend on this one..
Harvest 1823 is one of my Crazy starts and finish. I planned this as I went! No real idea on how to finish but I'm happy with the result. I wanted to fill this with lizard sand but forgot to use fusible lining on the linen section. Oh well.

Also last weekend, I finally gave Dream Big some attention..
I had a marathon session with this. You know how it is..you smell a finish coming on and stay up late to get it finished! I had to look back in my posts to find when I started this and that was just last year. Not too bad. But today, here's what I did with it..
Eeeeeee!! I'm just in love with it. I attached white ric rac to the sides and pins that somewhat matched the hearts and the sun. I didn't put any beads at the bottom because I'm buying an easel for it. At the top is a funny beige ribbon. Here's another side..
Hope it's not too blurry. I believe the designer is CCN, Country Cottage Needleworks. It's very cute. 

And here's Happy Bunny Bunny Day by the Trilogy. I started this last year, finished it, and left in on the unfinished pile until now..
Love how it turned out. I wanted to bring out the color of the heart so sewed in the hand dyed ric rac. I made up new cuss words sewing that ric rac to the dark green fabric! I spent more time ripping out seams than actual sewing. Sheesh. I like the look of it though! I only added two buttons instead of the six it called for. Finished it all off with the ivory-ish chenille trim. 

My other 'bunny' design is an unknown freebie. Just a tiny thing, I added the grass, the sun peeking from the corner, his tail, and more flower. Here it is with the other bunnies!..
I'm done! Two Saturdays in a row of finishing...whew! I just found out this morning that Easter is April 2nd, so this is my Easter/Spring contribution.

Time to announce the winner of the magazine and fabric and that would be...
Congrats Jacquie! Email me at campbo41@q.com to give me your mailing address. By the way, can you all let me know if I'm a no reply blogger? Frances gave me a head up on it. I went and tweaked a few things and I'm not sure if its fixed.

Thanks for coming by! Have a wonderful rest-of-the-weekend!















28 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Jacquie; I'm sure she's thrilled. Love your finishes. Dream Big is on my wish list and you've just confirmed - yep, I need to stitch that one! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those precious bunnies--and your finishing is perfect for them! It looks like Easter is really on the way! Too, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the harvest one, too--I just was overcome with the bunnies!!! HA HA Congrats to Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh is it me??!!! Oh my!!
    I am flabbergasted and smiling, you have just give me a massive pick me up as I was feeling a little low...thank you. And thank you for allowing me to enter your wonderful giveaway :)
    Oooh I am so happy...marvellous!!
    Smiles :)
    Off to email you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry was in a little shock!!
    I adore your bunnies...and oh my, you have finished them off so lovely too. Three different finishing techniques... I think there great! Ric rac ...ha ha it's funny old stuff... Oh and you did such a good job hand dying your. Great idea! I only ever dyed fabric, Aida mostly... Ooooh possibilities are endless!!! Interesting!!!
    Have a wonderful Sunday..
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really wonderful finishes!! Love that header, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful finishes, the bunnies so cute
    Happy Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my you certainly kept busy with the beautiful finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Such beautiful finishes! I love the pinkeep and the pillow!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful bunny finishes! Congrats to the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your finishes are fantastic! Dream Big is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love your finishes!! Those bunnies are soo cute!!! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on all of the gorgeous finishes Shelly.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful stitches and finishing! The trims really set off your stitched pieces perfectly. Well done Jacquie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I love your finishes - the dream bunny is my favourite :o)
    Well done you on getting the ric rac sewn it... it does make the little heart stand out!
    Congrats to Jacquie!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow those are all amazing finishes!!! Love all of them. Congrats to Jacqui.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh absolutely beautiful finishes!!! The little rabbit one is fabulous with the cute ricrac & matching pins :)
    Congrats to Jacquie too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What wonderful finishes, Shelly--and of one of my favorite animals--bunnies :) Seeing your adorable Happy Bunny Bunny Day finish reminds me that I have that one stitched up and languishing in a drawer some where... I really need to set him free and get him on display :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely stunning finishes! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent finishes. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your Bundle of Bunnies! You have finished them all very nicely and neatly too.
    As for the "no reply", you'd need to leave a comment on my blog for me to check. Why not have a go at the Easter Treasure Hunt?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your Easter finishes! The bunny with the carrot is precious! Nice finish to all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Shelly, your bunnies are all adorable with the perfect finishes you've given them! What fun to see them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So pleased to have found your blog. These bunnies are gorgeous, beautiful stitching and finishing.
    p.s. your comment on my blog showed post ok

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello

    Just found you.
    Your finishes are lovely, very Springlike!
    Happy Thursday x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello

    Just found you.
    Your finishes are lovely, very Springlike!
    Happy Thursday x

    ReplyDelete