Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Gifted Gorgeousness April, Finishes

Where do I begin?! I feel like I've been gone forever!

So it's GG time. GG is a year long SAL hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitcher fame. We stitch on fabric, use threads, kits, charts, etc. that have been gifted to us. 

 So here's Fancey and what I've done with her..

And before...
Wish I could get a better shot of the color of this fabric. It's Beige from WDW. This is Fancey Blackett's Brooms. I feel like I could have her finished by this time next month. She has to be pretty happy to get her red lips!

I was a recent winner of a giveaway from Frances from Symphony of Stitches and here's what I received..
Love all the PS! Whoo's There? in the upper right will be my next Gifted Gorgeousness start once I'm   finished with Fancey. Thanks again, Frances!

Don't you love this guy? Or girl! Can't tell! I had two Sheepy finishes though, woohoo!
On the left is Blackie Pincushion by Homespun Elegance. This thing is tiny. I can't remember what count the fabric is but the whole thing is a little over 2" across. It's one of my Crazy starts and finishes. Yay! I can't remember what the sheep on the right is called or who the designer is. I was stitching on it before the start of the Crazyness and put it aside. Didn't have much to do to it and now it's done! 

And miraculously, I had another finish and its yet another Homespun Elegance!
This is Holiday Samplings II and it's also a Crazy start. Don't look to closely at my version of French knots around the holly leaves! I don't do French knots, these are just knots! Too bad the color of the fabric didn't come in very good. It's a Terri from Dixiesamplar hand dye and its darker than this picture and has a great feel to it, like silk. It was great to stitch on.

And I bought a chart, a big one. I had to print out 26 pages of chart and instructions and even ran out of printer ink. It's from a lady called Diana70 on Etsy. I don't know how I came to be on Etsy. I have bought stuff from there but kind of traded that for Pinterest. So here it is..
This is Romantic Castle, a pdf. I haven't looked at how much DMC it will take, too scared! But I love castles. It was only $6-something! I have some plans about next years stitching, like doing a couple big charts with Castle being one of them. Because, you know, I plan to stitch every single chart I have this year. One can dream!

I'm off to jump on my exercise bike. I'm in the middle of overtime at work again and my brain is tired. Which is why I can't remember a darn thing! 

I've got to say a big Thank You for all your great comments last post about my bunnies. 28 or 29 comments. It was great!

I think that's it, can't remember! Take care all!







13 comments:

  1. Great stitching, congratulations on your win and I love your new friend, he/she is keeping a watch for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo I love that Pineberry Lane witchy one :) And the sheep...so cute! That castle will be completely and utterly stunning! Can't wait to see it go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little sheep & lovely little crosses :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh... I stitched something on WDW Beige and I must have taken 50 pics trying to capture the actual color of that stupid fabric... I was NEVER able to! It always looked too grey! Oh well, at least it looks nice in person, right? :O) Love your Christmas finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the adorable finishes Shelly. Love your new charts.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on all your finishes!! Good luck with that castle. Why is it that we are always drawn to those ginormous pieces??!! LOL! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitching Shelly. Fancey looks great! I look forward to seeing you stitch on that amazing castle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stitching Shelly. Fancey looks great! I look forward to seeing you stitch on that amazing castle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done lots of great stitching. I just love Fancey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful stitching and finishes - I love Fancey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Fancey is looking very fancy now! Love her cat friends.
    Nice stash, love the Prairie Schooler Who's There? I can see why that's your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great GG post. I love your sheep finishes and Fancey is looking great. Wonderful new stash and that castle, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Castle will be SOMETHING else when finished.

    ReplyDelete