Wednesday, December 23, 2015

An overhaul

Hi all! It's been awhile. I've had to fix a few things, hence my title. I had to change the two emails that were connected to this blog, comments went to one email and comment moderation went to another. It was that second one that was giving me problems. My family and friends started calling me asking what was going on with the emails I was supposedly sending. After they told me what kinds of emails they were getting from me, I had a feeling my email account got hacked or something. It definitely wasn't me sending them this stuff. How terrible. My iPad email is through iCloud and I ended up having to cancel it and then make another. In iPad alone I couldn't find a way to change this email. I had to search for instructions on how to do this. I did it and then ended up wiping out my Notes among other apps, where I had important things typed down, recipes that sounded good. What a pain but I now have a new email. The other email account that sent me your comments I had to change also because of all the spam I started getting. Around July is when all that crap started. I never used to get all that before so I was befuddled. That took a phone call to Centurylink that lasted an hour just to lose the old email and establish a new. Viola, no 6 or 7 spam emails a day like before. Unfortunately it means that if any of you have a personal question for me, you'll have to communicate with me through the comment section on this blog and I'll send you my email. If you comment on my blog, I'll respond right underneath your comment. It sucks to have to go this route. I hope none of you received any awful messages or emails, I want you to know I would never do that. Its seems that not only do you have to be aware of normal things like locking your doors, and strange cars parked in the neighborhood, but you have to be careful of things on the World Wide Web and people who don't have anything better to do than mess with people's lives. I really don't know sometimes. So what did I learn after this fiasco? Change those passwords on your emails often!

I also overhauled how and what I stitch. I think I was stressing out over all these ornaments that I stitched and needed finishing. I quit stitching on them after deciding that the world wasn't going to fall apart if I didn't get these ornaments finished. So now all I'm going to stitch on are my WIPs, the big ones. When I feel like finishing up an ornament, I'll do that. I'm joining no SALs in 2016 and I'm pulling out of another that I tentatively said I would join. Would you like to see what I picked up after my new way of stitching? Here is Winter Wind by PSS, all finished..
This design is found in the Jan/Feb 2011 JCS issue. Fitting for the crazy weather we're having here. It has snowed almost every weekend and for a couple of days the high temps never climbed higher than 40 degrees. But back to this pretty design...I had some reservations over the colors of the snowflakes. Timber? Stepping Stones? All Classic Colourworks but after looking at it after I ironed it, it works! It's very pretty and I'm glad I picked it back up. All I had before was a few snowflakes on the left and 3/4 of the house. It's on 36ct quicksilver linen by Lakeside. Here's another angle..
I love houses, labor intensive but worth it!

I also finished my Fleur d'Orleans by Ink Circles before my about-face, lol!
The fabric is much more whiter than the picture. I used DMC and 32ct antique white linen. Now that I look at it, something's missing..like beads maybe? I'll have to go back and look at the chart, ha.

My daughter and I headed to Las Vegas the first weekend of December. We took my new ride and it drove perfectly. We stayed at the Venetian and wow, what a lovely room!
Two queen beds, a sitting area, a gorgeous bathroom. I was quite content to ignore the sights and just stay in that room! There was also a well-stocked mini fridge..
Next to the lime Powerade at the bottom left was a bottle of Moët Chandon Champagne...ooooh! But! If you lifted anything in this refrigerator for more than two seconds, you got charged for it! If we didn't use anything, $100 was credited back to me. Whew! I told my daughter to not touch anything! The Venetian was super nice and we discovered there was a Carlo's Bakery inside, you know, the Cake Boss? We finally found it but there was a huge line of people and I wasn't up to waiting. I really wanted cannolis though. Shucky darn! Also inside is a short canal where you can take a Gondola ride, high end stores like Coach, Dooney & Bourke, Ralph Lauren, etc. we also found macarons
I really wasn't impressed. Somewhat dry I thought. Maybe in France they would taste better!

Well, that's it in a nutshell. I almost gave up blogging after my email account problems. I decided that I like doing this though so I'll continue for a bit. I'm also trying to limit myself on blog reading! It's hard but I can sit for 3, 4 hours on a weekend morning reading blogs and that is doing me no good as I'm ignoring housework, and being a slob. I did this with my Facebook also as I was spending a lot of time on it. I just need to move it! Move it!

This is certainly turning into a novel! But I have a couple more pictures for you, all season appropriate, lol!
Ignore the man! This tree used to be a bush. It's just a juniper that's in the median of I 17 between Flagstaff and Phoenix, AZ. Twenty-some years ago, someone began sneaking out there to decorate this bush for Christmas. Well this is what it look like now. It's grown and the ornaments have gotten bigger. The highway patrol has not been able to catch anyone decorating the tree so it continues on. We're glad of it!

Downtown Prescott, AZ. my hometown. As you can see it snowed! And we're supposed to have a white Christmas too, but after that it can melt! Haha.

I wanted to come back and wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I'm glad you all haven't absconded and that I still have followers! Take care.

22 comments:

  1. I've been wondering where you went! Glad you're back! I love that Winter Wind piece; had not seen that one. Your last picture of Prescott is gorgeous. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your finish! You are right, the colours work beautifully.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got everything worked out.
    Some people just don't have anything better to do than to mess with other people.
    I'm glad you are still blogging.
    Winter Winds is cute.
    Fleur d'Orleans is pretty, it would look great with beads too.
    Love the bush, there used to be a teeny, tiny tree here by the Expressway that someone would decorate. It was so cute.
    Love the pic of Prescott.
    I think the west coast is having all of the snow this year.
    Here in WI, we only had 1 dusting so far, but a LOT of rain. :(
    Have a great Holiday.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the weather seems to be out here in the West. At least California has been getting a good soaking. Thanks Marilyn. I hope you have a wonderful Holiday too!

      Delete
  4. First let me say thank you for not stopping with your blog. I enjoy reading it. know better if a note came that it was not from you. I love Prescott and the square looks pretty with the snow. We have been a bit chilly down here in the valley....but that is fine because soon enough the heat will start again. Merry Christmas my friend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, Gracie. Enjoy the cooler weather while you can! I'm ready for warmer weather already, lol!

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you got your email thing straightened out and are continuing to blog, Shelly! The pieces you stitched are so pretty; the colors of the snowflakes really work in that piece--very sweet. Love that tree--what a fun tradition and I'm glad you and your daughter could get away together. Your LV room looks fabulous--sorry the macarons weren't tastier.

    I so wish we were going to have your snow--it is in the 60s up here! Absolutely crazy for western PA in late December! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitching Shelly. Love all your pictures. Happy Holidays.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas! I'm glad you got your emails straightened out, technology can be a real pain sometimes. My son has been working up in Prescott for months. He's freezing, but calls me when it snows to tell me how pretty it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Vicki! It's been colder than usual here. It's nice to get the snow but at least it's not a lot and we can always count on the sun to shine!

      Delete
  8. A very Merry Christmas to you! What a shame the way some choose to abuse the internet! I am so glad you got your fixed. Wonderful pictures of the tree and the area where you live. No snow here in the Pacific NW unless you head to the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Barb! I think I have the kinks worked out now. Crazy weather, huh?! Blame it on El Niño!

      Delete
  9. Merry Christmas I hope you keep up with your blog! Sorry all that happened that sucks! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. Happy New Year to you and yours!

      Delete
  10. A Very Merry Christmas and and a creative 2016, Sunny greetings from New Orleans, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your finish....

    Beautiful Photos...where I live at we did not get No Snow for Christmas at all. It was a bummer. I wanted a little bit of Snow for Christmas.

    Glad that you had a good time on your trip. Your Room looks so very cozy and warm. I don't blame you for not wanting to leave from that room. I would have stayed in that room too and stitched up a storm.

    Have a lovely Day
    Linda K, Railroad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. My daughter would've killed me if I'd taken some stitching with me! Thanks for stopping in. Our snow didn't really pan out as the wind was so strong, it just blew it all away and then the sun came out..byebye!

      Delete
  12. Sorry you had email troubles--why do people do such stupid things?? I hope you have it all straightened out!
    I love the Venetian! I haven't stayed there, but I have taken that gondola ride! How wonderful it is! We love to go to Las Vegas and just walk around and look!!
    I love that decorated bush! How fun is that??
    I hope you're having wonderful holidays and also a wonderful 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad that your "blog nightmare" is over and everything is working good now. I don't understand why people want to cause others so much discord. I think they would accomplish something good if they put their effort to something constructive. Love the pics you shared. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely Christmas-bush. In my area here in Germany, there a people who decorate some trees along the street every Christmas time. It always looks nice.
    Have a happy 2016, greetings from Germany.

    ReplyDelete