Sunday, January 29, 2017

More stuff like a new start, FFO's, progress

Hi all. Hope you're all having a great Sunday. I've been busy..
The scene of the crime! I have FFO's that I'll show below. This could be I Spy...can you spot the seam ripper, the bobbinated DMC? Haha.

So I had a new start, one that I planned for 2017. Christmas Carol sampler by the Primitive Hare..
I have to say this border is pretty gnarly! Envision 10 more of the flower motif in the border across the top. It's a biggie. I had to buy another skein of GAST Tarnished Gold for the border and another skein of GAST Moonlit Path, that purplish color that goes around the white M. The new skein of Moonlit Path is a bit different from my old one. So what I'll do is finish up that square with the old one and join strands of the old and new together for the rest of this design. It has been two years this design has been kitted up with that older skein of Moonlit Path. I'll probably pick this back up the end of February.

I had progress on Vintage Stars..
What's new is the dark red motif on the right, the YZ, and the big lighter colored motif below YZ. Unfortunately, I lost the skein of color that goes in the empty spaces of the big motif. How does one lose a silk??! I do, very easily! Considering this has been a WIP for a long time. They're all NPI silks which are cheaper than some of the other silks. At 123, they're $4.49 a skein. Like the sampler at the top, I will get back to this after I stitch an exchange piece.

Yesterday, it finally warmed up around here. This past week, the temps never reached 40 and my craft room/bedroom gets chilly. The sun warmed up my room so it was time to FFO stuff and I have a ton but just two for now. I'm out of stuffing so flat ornaments with foam mounting board it is..
Silent Night by LK. I used two pieces of styrofoam from work. I never had a real idea for this. As you can see, I added as I went..
The backside fabric is brown tiny red flowers. The green plastic leaf at the top was plucked from those Christmas pokey things that you can use on a wreath. Forget what they're called. I almost made this a mini cube, but my rubber footsies are too big, so I stuck some twine in with pins for a hanger. It turned out nice.

Here's HoHoHo, just a tiny little thing but it's cute..
I'm glad I have the fuzzy red trim. Used the pins to secure it. I might make a little bow to put at the top. At this rate, I'll have more ornaments to put on my tree this year!

Stash! Lol. All of this plus the chart from last post are still under my budget at SFS2017A on FB..
The fabric are PTP's. That pink one is Opalescent Fresco and it is soo pretty. A 9x9 piece, perfect for an ornament. The other is Relic at a nice size. The two skeins mentioned above. At Needlework Corner, Drema is having a huge fabric overstock sale and I bought those two pieces above. The Fresco was only $3.75 and you can see the price of the Relic. Go check it out!

I also had two finishes..
Winter Flakes is from the Punch Needle and Primitive Stitch magazine, the 2016 Christmas/Winter issue, and on right is Batty and Friend from Keslyn's. Winter Flakes is on a mystery fabric and it almost didn't fit! It called for 36ct but I think my fabric is 30ct after measuring it. It's a bag in the magazine and I will do that with mine, albeit a big bag!

So that's it with the pictures.

I joined an exchange with Teri at Dixiesamplar and my partner likes sheep, blue, and spring flowers. My shipment in from 123 is on its way. I'll be dropping everything to stitch the design with all three likes on it. I lucked out there! Everything is due the first week of March so I think I'll get it out on time.

Comments on comments left last post:

  Carol- Thanks for the recommendation of The Paradise. I'll will check it out. I watched Hell on Wheels 
     twice! It was great. On Netflix.
  Honeybee- Funny comment! I'm making a trip to Phoenix in March so I'll be sure to stop at a Chick fil 
     A. 
  Paisley- Lucky you for being able to fill up on Chick fil A! 
  Barb- You just got to start Jack's Bash. You'll love it!

Thanks for leaving your comments everyone! Appreciate it!

So my February plans are stitching for that exchange, starting the second block of Frosty Forest, and a piece for a little SAL on FB. It has to do with something funny. I can't find the SAL though. I signed up for it. More important is doing the exchange piece.

Congrats if you made it to here and if you found the two items on my messy craft table!

Take care!

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the gorgeous finishes, start and new stash Shelly.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, I lose stuff all the time, sometimes I find it and sometimes things just disappear. I love your finishes and your WIPS are so pretty. I also love your new stash, PTP fabric is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have lots of great stitching going on. Thanks for the kick to get me going on Jack's Bash! Every time I see it, it calls to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love the finishes and the stitches in progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your FFO's are gorgeous and I love your finishes. Well done on your progress on your WIP's they are both so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great bunch of projects, Shelly--both in progress and finished. Your little owl finish is adorable--so many lovely accents in that one--great job :)

    I will check out the fabric sale at Drema's--thanks for mentioning it (do I really need MORE fabric??? YES!!!)

    Enjoy these last two days of January!! Happy Stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful update on your stitching and sweet finishes.
    Love the simplicity of ho ho ho!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WINTER STARS!!! OH my word! Love the colors!
    and your ornaments...love love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice progress on both and great finish-finishes! It must be so nice to have your sewing machine running at a good clip. I found the bobbinated floss, but not the seam ripper. :) I'll have to check out the sales, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm behind on blog reading. But I knew when I clicked on yours that I'd see tons of stitching and progress! yes!! You can really churn out the work! And it all looks good!
    On a previous post, I saw that you're stitching a Mardi Gras chart. I'm putting up my Mardi Gras tree right now. I love the bright colors and the shiny things! It's such a fun time of year! I'll be looking for your Mardi Gras finish...you'll probably have it done in a couple of hours! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, perfect. I love your Mardi Gras tree! Umm, I think my Mardi Gras project will take a little longer but thanks for the laugh! Nice to see you out and about.

      Delete
  11. Aww I love the bat piece! Great progress and game LOL I found both of them! ;)

    ReplyDelete