Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hope 2011 is starting out great for you! I'm starting my first WIP for 'Up for a Challenge'. First I wanted to post a few more pictures of my creations. I haven't figured out how to put pictures on the side of my blog, so this will have to suffice. I might mention that I like primitive arts & crafts also, so I try to make a few items along the way.



Here's a snowman mug rug on wool with applique and blanket stitching. Below are more pic's of pieces that I've stitched:



A Joshua 24:15 sampler from an old JCS issue. This project was a UFO for about 8 years, the longest I've ever let things go. I finished it about a year ago. There's more:



One of the adorable trees from PSchooler's oop Christmas Trees. Last time I saw this booklet on eBay, it was going for $35.00! Unfortunately, I sold mine many years back and made copies. However, I didn't copy most of the thread & symbols chart. : ( . Look at the bright side..I can make several of these in this pattern! Anyway, I stitched this on Olive aida (hard to find anymore), a Mill Hill glass treasure star at the top and green plaid homespun fabric for the back. It's cute!



I finished this a couple days ago. It's Joy by Midsummer Night Designs found in JCS Ornament issue '09. The fabric will be the backing. I just felt a foresty-looking fabric would look nice with the trees.



Also finished is the Rose Garden by BBD, part of the Reward of Merit Pincushions. On 32ct Antique Ivory linen. I used the threads called for it, Jakey Brown by CC. It was fun and quick!

There you have it! I am now going to tackle my WIP for the challenge.

Have a great day!

Shelly

2 comments:

  1. Love your finishes! Can you tell me where to find the Joshua 24:15 chart--which magazine? Maybe I can find it online... would really like to stitch that! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggee, I'm sorry I guess I threw out the magazine it came from. I know for sure that it's an older issue when JCS used to do nothing but samplers.

    ReplyDelete