Monday, March 28, 2011

Long time no blog!

Hello my faithful followers and whoever else happens to drop in!

Yes, I'm still among the breathing. You know how life just kinda gets in the way of things. Nothing bad, but between working, school, general house-stuff (cooking, cleaning), I just couldn't find time to update this blog. However, as you probably have noticed, I changed my blog a little. I'm not too fond of how it looks, so changes are forthcoming! I really like reading everyone's blogs, where I get great ideas to finish and see progress on BAP's. I really admire stitchers who tackle these huge samplers out there! When I grow up....I want to be a BAP stitcher!

I have found time to stitch though! Today I received more stash from Shakespeare's Peddler:



I had been waiting on these since a few days before market in February. The Faith design on the right was a little something Theresa threw in. It comes with the fabric and the threads. So Cute! And I love crowns, so Gloriana from Plum Street Samplers is perfect. I'm fascinated with British royalty and will be watching the wedding of Prince William and Kate. Okay, folks....SOMEONE ENROLL ME IN A 12-STEP PROGRAM FOR STITCHERS!!! My bedroom/craft room is a mess so I stepped in this morning to fondle stash and count and organize all my stitching stuff. Here is what I found (sheesh!):

I have 6 WIP's done.
Remaining WIP's for the Up for the Challenge 2011:   4
New WIP's for this year and into next:                        6 (there will be more, trust me!)
Kitted up projects (fab and threads):                           3
Projects with just fabric:                                             14
Kits:                                                                           5
Freebies yet to be stitched                                        46! Yikes! (not sure if these will ever get stitched!)
Chartpacks/leaflets (including the new acquisitions):    25
AND asst'd designs from magazines, etc.:                  57
Assorted fabrics                                                        16

160 unfinished or even started projects for me to stitch! And I'm 47 lol. I'll just ask my survivors to pack all these with me when I'm buried! I keep everything in these plastic storage bins and in file boxes. This is just one:


Lately, I've had trouble landing on just one thing to stitch. I put a few stitches in one thing, and then move on to something else. Maybe it's the numbers above that are causing me to flit around or just because I've received some new stash. Who knows. Check out the new freebie I'm stitching now: Thankful for Ewe with CC thread by Sharon Crescent. I love the fabric, it's 32ct French Ivory from R&R:




 I finally sewed these Halloween blocks together. I bought these off eBay two years ago. It'll be a table topper:




It was fun and didn't take much time. I may have to wait 'til Halloween to find some fabric for the backing or maybe there's some on eBay because I want the backing to keep to the theme.

Spring has finally arrived here in Arizona (I think! We always seem to get some snow the end of April). This area has been blanketed by these little purple flowers:



They are everywhere! They sure add some color to the brown landscape around here.

Hope the weather's fine where you're all at and spend it stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new stash!

    Hopping from one thing to the next has always been a pattern of mine. I think I want to see how it's going to look with a little stitching, then I see something else that I want to start. Don't know how long it will last, but I'm trying to finish some old things before starting something new...but don't hold your breath!!

    That's a lovely view on your blog header. We are wanting to get back out that way, just not sure when.

    ReplyDelete