Tuesday, June 7, 2011

New stash, WaBH update, and frustrations

Yes, I know the new stash should've done away with the frustrations. Blogger frustrations, that is. I haven't been able to comment on anyone's blogs for a whole week. And I'm not even sure I can get my pics onto my blog. So here goes:

I received my thread that I needed and I bought an extra chart because I've been such a good girl. Have a look:
Yay, it worked! Anyway, I'm finishing the one WIP I have that needed one of the new threads. Stay tuned for pics! As for the PSS design, I had to have it! I bought it at Stitching Bits and Bobs Friday morn, shipped Friday afternoon, received Monday morn! I love them! I get so giddy when I'm able to buy stash:))

I finished my Antique Locks and Keys design from Shakespeare's Peddler. I had a lot of fun with this. Since I got through stitching each key and lock with no problems (although Frog came a-calling for 5 or 6 stitches), I feel I can stitch Rosewood Manor's newest 'Keys to the Kingdom'. It has dozens more keys than this one I just finished.

After finishing 'Keys' above, I went back to WaBH and stitched quite a bit:
Sorry for the blurryness. My recent purchase of GAST thread should've included Cherry Wine. I totally forgot! I could have stitched up the building, the alphabet at the bottom, and the bird house at the fence. Ah well, just gives me the excuse to buy more stash!!

It has finally warmed up around here but it's still below what it's supposed to be. I still find myself pulling a blanket over me in the early hours. Usually the second week of June is hot, in the high 80's. I see areas of the South are hotter than Phoenix! Crazy! Take a look at my cactus flowers. There are more that are ready to bloom:
This Fall, for sure, I'm making Prickly Pear jelly. It's good stuff!

That's it for now. I'm hoping the Blogger problems will be fixed so I can comment on blogs. Obviously, I was able to post pics. Hope the weather is fine where you're at. We have a couple of raging wildfires burning east and southeast of here. Sunday we could smell and see smoke, and see the slurry bombers passing over us. But it's been quiet lately, firefighters must be getting the upperhand. Hope so! Take Care!

1 comment:

  1. I keep hoping that Blogger fixes their problems, but I'm still running into them! Love the new stash, your finish and your WIP! And Prickly Pear jelly. Never have had that, but I've heard that it's good.

    ReplyDelete