Saturday, February 11, 2012

Title..lol!

As you can tell, I don't have much of an imagination today for a proper title!

Well, I'm still amongst the living! This past Monday I went to the doc's to have my staples taken out and boy, did I feel so much better! I went back to work on Wednesday and the first few hours were fine, but after that I was having to stand up now and then. By the time 3 p.m. came, I was achy and just couldn't wait for the day to end! I noticed on Friday that those 10 hours were feeling better. Last night, I had 3 slices of pizza and didn't feel so bad. I've also started walking and I feel that really helps. The bloating is beginning to go away.

The giveaway items I was waiting for finally arrived and I was able to send off Linda's winnings. She should've received it already. Eva's package was to go to Serbia! I am hoping it arrives there safely!

Monday I started stitching on this ornament from the latest JCS magazine called The Best Part by Raise the Roof Designs. This is on 32ct Bitter Betty Brew linen, using DMC thread. I should've read the instructions because the words are stitched 1 over and I don't do well with 1 over. As you can see, I've counted wrong on the word 'BOX' and it's not lined up with the last stitch of his ear. It's just one stitch over. I just may leave it like that. I believe this is a substitution for one of my CJC projects. I'll get back to this later!
This is where I got to on LHN's Pumpkin Hollow Farms on Sunday. I had the entire last week off from work to recuperate, so I stitched and stitched and read! I apologize for the fuzziness of this pic. The WDW Rust and Mocha thread looks great on a house. I fell in love with those two colors!
Wow that's really fuzzy! I just need to fill in the grass below the house and the tree, and do the door and windows, and that'll be half of this design. Now I get to choose what I'm going to stitch next since I've set down The Best Part. It'll be a CJC project though!

I've decided that March is to be Freebie March, or Freebie Madness, or the Ides of Freebie! Whatever it's called, I'm going to stitch on nothing but freebies because here's my pile. There's a whole bunch of Spring-ish designs in that pile. Butter-boy (what I call him!) decided he just had to be in the picture!
I must have 30+ freebies here and I have lots of small pieces of linen to put them on. I'm lookin' forward to starting on the 1st.

I went on a stashing spree and bought up some sale fabric at Wyndham Needleworks . There are lots of fabric for sale, check them out. All linen from brands like Zweigart, R & R, and Lakeside. The shipping is speedy and the prices are comparable. Take a look-see


The last fabric is from a seller at eBay. Three fabrics are 36ct and the third one over from the left is 40ct Antique Cotton. Some are 1/2 yard, 1/4 yard...plenty to use for other projects. AND here's more stash
The chart with the nice glare! on it is LK's Snow day. On the left is In The Meadow by CCN. I've been drooling over these two charts from afar and it was time to stitch a little LizzieKate since it's been awhile! Wyndham Needleworks sent the Thread Gatherer thread (and a needle, just for the heck of it) and it's Mohair. It feels so good I may not even use it!

Hopefully by the time I do another post, I've learned how to operate my camera, huh?! Well it is Winter and even at my state's position on this continent, the sun is still weak! My goal is to have no blurry-ness, and flash! Wish me luck...

That's my story and I'm stitching sticking to it! Thank You for your comments on the last post! I am now going to play with my stash and have a slice of Red Velvet cake, my absolutely-est favorite cake! Take Care!

3 comments:

  1. Great stitching and I love the new stash.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome new linens, and I love your progress on Pumpkin Hollow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely linen! Pumpkin Hollow is a pretty design and I love In the Meadow. :)

    ReplyDelete