Saturday, April 13, 2013

Turtle Trot April '13 Edition

I had two WIP finishes this past month. Note: Blogger is in control of this post as I had this picture centered!



Meet Thee I Love! As I look at this, I am befuddled at how long it took me to stitch this! I had it kitted up for 2 years or more. I barely started stitching on it last year. It's not very big. Where I got hung up is probably the whole plant on the left. There are 7-yes 7!- shades of green. Not to mention the back stitching! Here's a little tidbit of backstitching info-
  • 368-top of lower right leaf, right side of large background leaf,
  • 320-bottom left leaf except for tip, upper left side of tip of large background leaf, etc, etc.
And so on and so on. Also the symbols for the colors are all drawn by hand. But, I think it's all worth it because it turned out very nice! The color of the fabric is more sea-mist or seafoam color. It looks gray in the pic.

Here's another look at it
That's how those old JCS magazines were though, hand-drawn symbols. This particular design is from the June 1989 issue.

Christmas Magic is the second WIP I finished. This one did double duty for the Ornaments SAL and now for the Turtle Trot. Here it is again
From the JCS Ornament mag 2010.

Well, that's all I got! Sun's going down, the wind too. I live in a valley and the wind just blows through here. I am working on an ornament for the Ornament SAL coming up at the end of this month. The days are just going way too fast! Take Care!

*This post is dedicated to Dana, the recently departed animal buddy of Claudette who hosts the Turtle Trot and has the blog BAP Attack.

7 comments:

  1. How nice of you Shelly to dedicate your post to Dana. Congrats on finishing 2 projects. They turned out great.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lily of the Valley is lovely. I have made that same angel...she is so pretty.Two nice finishes. It has been a bit windy down here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 2 lovely finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both lovely, but I really like the lilies of the valley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are so pretty, Shelly! I love that little angel so much--gorgeous colors!!

    ReplyDelete