Monday, May 13, 2013

Turtle Trot May '13, a Winner!, and a Happy Dance!

The first order of business is


LINDA!!!

Since you were the only commenter, you're the winner! Congrats! Send me your mailing address to campbo41@q.com and I'll have your Chocolate chart to you along with a few surprises!

Well! I've have a finish to report on
This guy is from Toadally Aarrgh by Stitchy Kitty, all 2"x2 1/2" of him! Which brings me to the question AGAIN-why/how did it take so long to stitch him? I should mention he's stitched on 32ct Queen Anne's Lace jobelan or lugana using CC/DMC. Actually for as small as he is, there is a lot of stitches there, along with some Kreinik and a bead. I substituted the black metallic thread on his eye patch for regular black DMC. Oh look! I forgot to stitch his other mean eyebrow on the right eye! Anyway I started him last year sometime with just the stitches above his eyes. The color of the fabric is not what it looks like in the pic. I now have just 10 WIPs left to stitch on.

I've learned something about myself stitching on these WIPs and it's that I cannot stitch on too many at a time. I stitch on one and just want to keep stitching! It's hard to move on to another one. Here are the others that I've managed to put in some time on
In the contest I had going since TUSAL, this is the WIP closest to being finished soon. All the flowers are stitched except for the big one at the upper right. The model of this design has the words PRETTY at the top of these flowers; I chose to leave it off. This would make a very nice pillow I'm thinking! Poppies should be done by the next Trot report.

Winter Sampler by Homespun Elegance. Since the last time, I've put in the vine directly below the snow, the alphabet, and the tree. Instead of French Knots, which I can't do, I'm putting in red beads at the leaves of the vine. I'll be picking this up more in the coming weeks. Next up is

Klagetoh Navajo Rug. The only stitching done before was the upper row on the big geometric design. I got kinda bored stitching all that black which is why I started that lighter color border. I just need to bite the bullett and DO IT!!

Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Take care everyone! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

9 comments:

  1. That is some toad. Your progress is coming right along. I like the Home Spun Elegance Winter Sample; great idea using the little seed beads. It will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stitching.... delightful Poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! First, congratulations to Linda. I didn't want to check your WIPs etc on my phone and fully intended to get back to you on my computer but obviously that didn't happen. I think Linda would have won, anyway, because I'd probably have chosen 2 winter related charts (thinking you'd want them done and be ready to move on to spring and summer) but I do "need" that chocolate chart. Maybe Linda will share, too, when she's finished (fingers crossed).

    That said, beautiful stitching! You have a fun variety of designs in progress and everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Shelly. I just sent you my address. Congrats on the cute finish. Great progress on the other pieces. I love the poppy one.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stitchy progress! There are a lot of stitches in that one :) color changes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on you projects. The Poppy one looks very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beads instead of French Knots, now that is a GREAT idea. Thanks fo sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Poppies are beautiful! I've been behind in blog-hopping, so I'm sure you're done by now! I'm looking forward to your next Turtle Trot post in June!

    ReplyDelete