Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Turtle Trot August, Idiot stitching, finishes

I've got a finish! By LHN



Whoo hoo! It's so pretty, it's one of my Trot WIPs. This is where the Idiot stitching comes in! Got your attention now? The words 'Pick your own Pumpkin' were supposed to be in Roasted Chestnut-CC, not in Blackbird! I don't know what I was thinking! Sheesh! I wasn't about to tear out the words so I left them. I think they look fine and they match the other areas of Blackbird. Once I stitched in all the flower leaves, I began to see the light at the end of the tunnel and realized I could get this done. Here's more looks at Pumpkin Hollow






I also finished La D Da's Yellow Bird



Instead of the 35ct Parchment called for, I used 36ct Flax Edinburgh linen with Glorianna Birch Brown silk. Instead of the designers initials, I put in this year. No Idiot stitching here, though my first attempt at the year had to be ripped out-too close to the bird. I like things symmetrical, I know-weird!

Here's my newest start Buttons Black by PSS or Plum Street Samplers



Stitched on 36ct LL Autumn Gold. 1 over 2 GAST. I like doing 1 over 2 strictly from an economical standpoint-lots of the over-dyed left over! Idiot stitched the K in Clack wrong which then threw off the ack in Brack. So out came ack and stitched in right but by counting over from Brew is! I left that funky K in Clack, lol! AND then the star at the right has extra stitches to give it a more square look! I just left those in too.

ACK!

I'm guessing there were a lot of distractions while I was stitching; things like TV, 3 football games, and a couple movies like 2012 and the newer Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

I'm pooped and I'm going to see if I can put in a few more stitches in Buttons Black. Thanks for stopping in. Have a great evening!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

11 comments:

  1. Love it all. I think I may have to gst YellowBird... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Keep on stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finishes are wonderful and you would never tell that the words were suppose to be stitched in a different colour. They look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the great finishes Shelly and nice progress on the other pieces.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your finish! I don't think I've seen that one before. I guess I'm going to have to hunt it up. Like I don't have another thing to work on!! LOL Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your finishes! Think your letting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't have known that the thread colour was wrong if you hadn't mentioned it. The colour goes perfectly with the other colours. Great stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! What a great post :o)

    Your Pumpkin Hollow is lovely. I have it on my to-do list. Sigh! Makes me want to get it out now...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful stitching!! I adore Pumpkin hollow and have to get it myself now!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on two great finishes! Now your Turtle Trot list is even shorter. Sorry about the idiot stitching! Too many distractions!

    ReplyDelete