Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Turtle Trot November, Hangin' With Fancey

I have just one WIP that I worked on and that's Fancey Blackett. I actually missed her! I've ignored her long enough! Here's what she looked like before




The top portion of the trunk was not going to line up with the bottom portion which has 5 stitches and the upper part has 3. The top part sits smack in the middle of the 5 stitches. So I pretty much just set her aside. I picked her back up a couple weeks ago, tore out the upper trunk and started over. I had counted everything and have no idea where I went wrong! So this is what I have so far




Her official name is Fancey Blackett-The Harvest Dance. 28ct ivory linen is called for, but I used 28ct antique white linen. It also called for 1 over 2 or 2 over 2, I'm doing 2 over 2. I couldn't see just one thread on 28ct, it was going to be pretty thin. See my Day of the Dead needleminder? I fell in love with it and ordered 2!

So the Winter Olympics are coming up February 6, I believe. Anyone got plans for Olympic stitching? I know, it's so far away, but this is how I roll! I stitched AND finished a project during the Summer Olympics in London. Gosh, when did that happen?! Anyway, it was Queens Crowns by PSS. The Winter Olympics are in Russia, so I have no idea what I'll stitch!

I just opened a fortune cookie and here's what it says 'Lavish spending may be disastrous, be careful' Great! I just bought a little stash, hardly lavish as some of the charts are Bent Creek for $3-something!

If anyone's wondering, that's my dad in my header picture. He's gone now but he served in the Air Force. I miss him very day.

Well, Fancey beckons! I'd like to have her done by this time next month. If I get her done (git 'er done!lol), it leaves me with 5 WIPs left. Not bad! If Claudette of BAP Attack hosts another SAL, I just may join up again.

Have a good evening!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. Hey Shelly! I just wanted to say that I love your blog header. Is that your Dad?
    Fancy is looking great. You are right, the Olympics will be here before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Fancy, I do the same thing put projects aside and come back to them.
    I too love your header, thank-you to your Family member for serving out great country.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice progress Shelly. What a great header.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely header.
    and a great progress, have fun

    ReplyDelete