Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sunday Finishing

Just what am I up to anyway?! I surprised myself by FINALLY finishing some things. Above is the leftover mess.

Take a look at Housework Never Killed by LizzieKate
The backing fabric is the same as the green polka-dot on the front. Yesterday, I went to Hobby Lobby to see what kind of trims I could find. Found some and then went to the sale wall to check out the fabric remnants. This green polka-dot was there with a larger piece. I've been stitching an Easter piece that I'm going to make a cube and thought this fabric would go great for it. I originally had a green check for Housework but tried this and viola! Very pretty if I do say so myself! Love it.

Now this design I don't know who the designer is but I did the bleed thing again. Darn!
See the 'a' in Xmas? Aarrgh. Well, this is for me personally so it's not too bad but I was so proud of how it turned out. The backing is the same stripe but going horizontally.

Trick or Treat from La D Da, from a Halloween preview issue of JCS
It looks funny because I ran out of stuffing at this point. It needs more. I may edge this with black beads.

And, Dead of Night by Funk and Weber, no stuffing at all
I have the funky (Funk and Weber? Get it?) skeleton fabric sewed to the side. I need to cover the seam and have white ric rac for that. It's busy but a skeleton get together is always busy right?! I stitched the pumpkin with an orange that matched the skeleton hats. Tomorrow, I'll head to Hobby Lobby for more stuffing.

Last week, I picked this up to stitch. Poor thing was still sitting there from before Easter!
Happy Bunny Bunny Day by the Trilogy. There are 6 pink buttons that go on this, 3 on top, 3 at the bottom. I found the buttons from JABC on a ONS but they were $8.something for 6. Ugh. So yesterday at Hobby Lobby, I found those buttons in the pic for $1.99. They're perfect. I'll use the pink ones. That's the white ric rac I'm using for the skeletons. For Bunny though, I have this pretty white frame that works very well but I also thought of finding a fabric with those colors on it and making a pillow. I'll have to see what I'll do.

I mostly finish things to hang but decided it would be nice to have pillows to put in a bowl.

Here's my trims I picked up. I'm blowing my budget to smithereens! I'm pretty sure I read that trims, fabric, etc. are exempt from the SFS budget, as are q-snaps and the like. I also bought a very small q-snap for ornaments. Last week Mel from SFS, let us know of an extra $50.00 added to our budget. We just have to spend the usual $25.00 first. Oh yeah! I'm taking care of that, you betcha! I've gone and joined The Primitive Hare's Mystery SAL she has on FB. So I bought the e-pattern and am awaiting the fabric for it. I also bought fabric for the Stacy Nash design I spoke of last post. I gotta do my part for the economy, dontcha know!

Well this is it for this post in between the SALs and whatnot. I squirreled away 4 hours of finishing this morning and if not for running out of stuffing, I'd probably still be finishing! Oh, and I've got more to finish too! Take care everyone! 







5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous finishes Shelly. Love your new trims.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love your new finishes, Shelly!! Great work :) I love polka-dots and that green fabric is one I've used in recent finishes, too. Your new trims look well worth the money--have fun playing with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful finishes. You should be so proud!

    ReplyDelete