Monday, September 29, 2014

A Scary Happy Dance...whew

That's right...whew! I just have a couple stitches to put in the lower left but my problem child has flown the coop!
The LK Mystery Scary Sampler in all its glory. After two and a half days of marathon stitching, I'm done, practically. I went back in my posts to find when I started this and it was 2012. I didn't order the kit, just the charts. I had my own fibers and ordered the fabric. As you can see on a picture below, I had to leave some things off to have enough fabric to frame with. Some things I realized is that I could've stitched in the house as charted and not left so much lawn. My satin stitching with the green has gone wonky on the sides. Also on the chart, the Cadet is satin stitched. It is added that instead of satin stitches, the two parts of the lawn could be cross stitched. Right there at the bottom left I'll stitch in a diamond like those on the right side above the satin stitching so it won't look so off kilter. As for the wonky, it's staying because I just want to move on! Here's what the chart looked like..


Hoping these pictures look alright from your side. I'm glad I have a finish of some kind!

See ya'll on the 10th!

11 comments:

  1. Very nice job
    Thanks for sharing
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!
    I have this in my stash and really want to stitch it. Maybe in time for next year LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great. After all, it's Halloween it's ok to be a bit wonky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Great job adjusting it to fit. As for the satin stitches, I detest them! Mine always turn out screwy so I very rarely do them as charted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a great finish Shelly.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks really great! I don't see any big issues with the satin stitches. Doing ones that long is difficult. And, if I remember right, I struggled to get mine looking nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how cute--I love this one, Shelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous finish....the colors are so vibrant.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a cute finish. And you were doing great with adjusting it the way you needed it.

    ReplyDelete