Saturday, May 16, 2015

FNSI stitching and finishing

Good Morning (or Afternoon!) to you all!

My FNSI stitch last night was Fresh Fallen Snow by LHN, found in the 2011 JCS ornament issue. It is also one of my Crazy January starts and last night I finished it! Yay! It's my 8th finish of all my Crazy starts, too...
Stitched with Belle Soie silks, two over two on mystery fabric. I'm used to using one strand of silks for stitching. Two strands keep getting caught up in knots and on my fingers, which are dry. I'm happy it's finished. 

My 9th Crazy finish is this, Jingle, by With Thy Needle & Thread/Brenda Gervais. Fun stitch but Santa was a bit brutal with all that red! I love how it looks though, a bit dainty..
I'm hoping it doesn't look so blurry when it gets to the blog post. I added a few more 4-stitch snowflakes to this. The Red is from Valdani and I really like it, it's such a rich red.

Since this month is going by so quick and I've been struck with a head cold, I totally forgot the Gifted Gorgeousness! I hadn't even kitted anything up for it. Next time I'll be ready for it. I never get sick so I don't know what's up. Seven years ago I had the Flu and that was the last time I've been sick except for sounding like a lawn mower in November!

My daughter and I are headed down to Phoenix tomorrow for a book signing and lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. The author is Craig Johnson and his books are the Walt Longmire series and the TV series called Longmire. I'm going, sick or not! I'll be armed with cough drops and antibacterial hand gel!

Hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day. I did. My daughter bought me flowers and a lunch at the Haunted Hamburger in Jerome, AZ. It was a great day!

Thanks for stopping in!

17 comments:

  1. Congrats on the super cute finishes Shelly. Hope your cold goes away soon. Have fun at your book signing.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great finishes. I love that variegated red, such a lovely vibrant colour.
    The link up for GG is open until the end of the month if you can fit something in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your LHN finish and that WTNT one is one of my all time favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel much better for your day tomorrow. Love the finishes. I am going to look up Fresh Fallen Snow in my old copies of that magazine. I love the red of the Santa. A really pretty finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finishes and kudos on them being from your Crazy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your finishes are amazing.. I do such great work ( and fast too!). I feel you with the sickness... I've got this summer cold that's knocked me on my butt. Have a great time at the signing. I've seen Longmire.. I like that show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha...the cold medicine is getting the best of me, I said I do... I meant YOU do. definitely not me... it would take me two years to finish just one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects!
    The Haunted Hamburger sounds like my kind of place. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the "dainty" Santa and the pretty green and white ornament, Shelly. I can hardly stand to stitch with two threads any more which is why I seem to end up using 40 ct. or over one on 28 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely finishes! They both look great, congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet finishes--you will enjoy them again at Christmas and for Christmas times to come

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here are some tips for working with silk, from the ever-inspiring Mary Corbet: http://www.needlenthread.com/2009/02/olive-oil-sugar-and-needlework.html, and
    http://www.needlenthread.com/2013/05/working-with-soie-de-paris-other-filament-silk.html. I've not worked with silk myself (I have eczema, and feel I don't want to tempt fate) but I read about others raving about it everywhere.
    Loving your little finishes, they are very inspiring. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful finishes. Congrats Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought I left a post... I must have deleted it doh! Love the santa - did you change all the threads? Yours looks much cheerier than the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought I left a post... I must have deleted it doh! Love the santa - did you change all the threads? Yours looks much cheerier than the pattern!

    ReplyDelete