Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Finishes and more

How's everyone today? I'm in the last week of my month long leave of absence from work and dreading my return, lol. So I will live it up these few days left! This is why I've been able to stitch so much. Oh, and picture heavy!

I have finishes to show. First up is a WIP from last year, The Journey by LHN. Yay!

Ta da!! I'm so happy I finished this. Journey was a crazy start from last year. How to finish finish this? I'm not sure, either framed or turned into a pillow. I have a tan, suede-like fabric that would go nice with the colors and subject, maybe some fringe. We shall see. This is my 7th finish of the year. Happy happy! 

Next finish is Witches Night Out by WTN&T..

Yes, I did manage to pull on the big girl panties and got the kettle done! However, I noticed I forgot to stitch her legs in. She is basically hovering above the kettle. But hey, she's a witch! 

Next finish is Bad Hare Day by Mosey 'n Me, a freebie that is still available on their website..
On 30ct Cocoa linen, beads for French knot eyes, and DMC. It looks kind of blurry or it's just my eyes! I have a flat ornament in mind for this one. I'm not keeping track of these because they are not WIPs from last year.

Last Saturday, Attic Needleworks had a Market day and I drove down..

It was warm, the skies blue, and easy parking. I didn't take pictures because my cell camera doesn't let me have my pictures after I've taken them but the walls are just covered in samplers. I walk in and I'm just overwhelmed! I have a list and managed to find the market things I wanted plus a few other things. One complaint I had though is all the new market items were just spread out all over. One fellow customer saw the new PSS chart I wanted over at another area and not anywhere near other market items. Oh well, I enjoyed my shopping there. Here is what I bought..

Had to have some Halloween-ish things in there! I have PSS's Salem Sisters I and III and picked up the 2 chart. I didn't intend to buy the LK kit but that fabric color is so pretty in real life and not the super pink that shows up in pictures. Threads for future projects, SB dyed ribbon, and that great thread holder, and fabric.

I received my Valentines Day stash order also..

Beau Leggy is perfect for these here parts! I love how he is squatting over the cactus. Ghostly Guard and the tribal rooster that I saw stitched up over at another blog in 1 variegated thread and it looks great. 


For this chart, I'm seeing a metallic color fabric, maybe a light copper or bronze with the symbols being a color resembling coins or something. I'll have to do some research on fabrics and thread.

So there you have it. New stash that should take care of me for the rest of the year. Should! Haha.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Have a great stitchy day!

18 comments:

  1. Great haul! I love that bunny finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your finsihes Shelly - great work! Glad you had a break from work and I totally understand that feeling of dread about going back. Before I retired I always had time off over Christmas as the company shut down for a week and I usually would add on a little vacation time to that....going back in January was always depressing! Glad you had fun at Market Day at The Attic...for some reason I missed that entirely which is probably a good thing LOL. I certainly don't need more stash and I've been trying to reduce what I have and keeping my buying under control. I keep trying to resist those tiny pillows and things they've got on display that are on 50-ct linen! Have you been to that second-hand craft store called Love It Again in Prescott? I visited it while seeing a friend I have in Prescott- what a great idea, wish there was one like it in the Valley. It's mostly fabric and not much stitching stuff but fun to browse. I bought a few lace trims cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jeanne. I saw those tiny pillows, they're so cute. It seemed like all the samplers on the wall were either one over or on very high count. I'll have to check out that store in Prescott. I did not know there was such a store like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice finishes and wow!! What a lot of awesome stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finishes! I especially love the bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Journey turned out just beautiful! Plus that little witch is a great design. I know what you mean about the kettle. I'm stitching a house now that is 81 stitches wide, it's just killing me. Love all the stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on all of the pretty finishes Shelly. Love your new stash.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your finishes are great!! Thanks for the tip on the freebie too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your finishes are great!! Thanks for the tip on the freebie too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Bunny on your header. :)
    Great finishes, and great stash also!
    I bet the Attic was fun.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stitching and lovely new stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new header has the best little bunny - the colors are perfect. When I look at your cute little witch - I thought she had long dress on - going down to the top of her shoes. Congrats on your Journey Finish. And love the new stash

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome designs Shelly :). I picture the last one on a sparkly gold fabric with black lettering. Turning lead into gold ;). But copper would be pretty with maybe a metallic silver thread? I'm excited to see what you pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really, really love how The Journey turned out, Shelly... Such an unusual design for LHN--I wish they would do more like this one. Glad you hung in there with the kettle AND that you noticed the missing legs before you finished the witch :) And the cute freebie is so sweet...I'm sure you'll turn it into a fun finish.

    Sorry you aren't thrilled about returning to work. I can honestly say I always look forward to going in to the library to work each Monday. Now that my dear 85 year old boss is gone, it is still nice--just very different. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely stitching as always Shelly. I really like The Journey, the addition of the turquoise blue is just perfect!
    Hope your return to work isn't as bad as you are expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like your needle has been pretty hot of late!! I am so jealous that you have access to the Attic!! That trip is on my bucket list. Some day....
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely stitching and so many finished projects! You've got so much wonderful stash.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all your finishes! You have been stitching lots!
    How wonderful to go to a real shop!! I only go when I travel somewhere that has one!! You purchased some really great stash!! I know it was a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete