Saturday, March 5, 2016

Finishes and a start

How are you all doing? 

I am back again after a pretty productive week or so. Finished up a woolfelt candle mat from last year. This is Autumn Apples..
It's cute. I have more woolfelt kits that I really should start doing.

And here are a couple of WIP finishes, yay! First is Blackbird by BBD..
I wanted to ruche brown ribbon for the trim but turns out I had none. Shucks. So I took two pieces of transparent ribbon and just attached it to the bottom. It's a different look. This is my 5th finish for 2016 and was a DUCJ/FSAL2015 start.

The second WIP I finished is Peep, a Cricket Collection design from the chart called Rabbits Delight #243, in case you want to know..

Adorable! Peep has been in the WIP pile for two years and stitched up rather fast. All I had was the triangular portion at the top done. So last night watching yet another Harry Potter marathon, I finished Peep. I used black beads for the eyes instead of French knots which I can't get the hang of. I have another carrot from the designer that I finished with stuffing and trim. This one though, I'm thinking of a flat ornament with large white ric rac sandwiched between the pieces of mat board that I use. This is finish #6. 

And of course, I still have the startitis! Here is Witches Night Out by Brenda Gervais..
It looks slightly blurry and skies are somewhat overcast. On 36 ct Mello. I got so used to stitching on lower count fabrics that this one is dainty. I just have the kettle and the pumpkins to stitch. I stopped at this point because I've been looking at that kettle with some trepidation! There's a lot of kettle! Lol. I'll pick it back up once I get the big girl panties on!

That's it. I have two Easter-y/Spring-y freebies that I want to stitch and they shouldn't take long. 

Take care all! Appreciate your stopping in!

15 comments:

  1. I love each of the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I really like your candlemat, and the Blackbird finish is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that candlemat is really nice & now I'm thinking of doing that craft. Your other finishes are beautiful too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finishes. I think the apple mat is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on all of the gorgeous finishes Shelly. Great new start.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're having such a great year with your stitching, Shelly! Both the candlemat and the BBD finish are darling! And the little peeps on the orange--so sweet :) Good luck with the cauldron--you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lobe the Apple Mat, that turned out so cute.
    Your BB and looks good with the double bow.
    Cute carrot, and the WTNAT is turning out so cool!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent finish-finishes! Nice start on the witch too, and I'm sure the cauldron won't be as bad as you fear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stitching & finishing! Love the blackbird design :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your finishes. Your candle mat is great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peep is *adorable*! I love it on that orange fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great stitching! Your finishes are beautiful. That Easter design is delightful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great stitching. Apple mat look so yummy :)

    ReplyDelete