Friday, February 26, 2016

Mojo on steroids, Spanish class, and other stories

Hi all!

As my title suggests, my mojo must have gotten a shot of steroids because I have three new starts and one has been finished! Warning- picture heavy!

But first let's check out the progress on two WIPs, shall we?

Here's The Journey by LHN. I love how the turquoise color really spiced this up! It's actually CC Mint Julep and it is now my favorite color. It's stitched on Slate linen, not sure of the count though. I wanted a 'rock' looking color besides the usual flagstone color which is mined nearby me. There are two more lines of stitching left in different colors below the white. Then I'll start the top portion of the up and down which represent mountains. The bottom would be upside down mountains! I'm seeing this finished in March. 

I also pulled out Blackbird by BBD. Here's what it looked like a year ago..

And how it looks after a couple days of stitching..

This is a DUCJ/FSAL2015 start! Pretty bad if you ask me! This is stitching up smallish. I always get my measurements wrong. I do use a a calculator to find the width and height of the finished design for a good piece of fabric and am always surprised when the design is small! It looks so big on the chart! Not much more to go now, the vase, branch and a few more leaves.

So startitis really got a hold on me and here's what I started..
Rojo y Verde, hence Spanish class in my title. Means Red and Green. Designed by Raquel Blanco/Maggi's Co Village. I bought this in PDF with a few other charts and freebies. In December we received emails from her notifying us she is closing her cross stitch business due to illegal downloading. That makes me so angry! There is a pinner on Pinterest that has a load of Maggi's Co graphs on her board. I don't know if she has permission to do that. I won't go into how aggravated I get seeing actual graphs on Pinterest. Grrr.. Anyway, I'm working with just 4 DMCs, two shades of red and green. I'm doing this on antique white linen, maybe 32ct. It's nice to use up the small pieces of mystery linen I have my stash! Here is how it looks stitched up, picture borrowed from the Internet..
It's the NOEL at the top right. As you can see, she had really cute designs. 

Next up is Merry Brew by PSS, a favorite designer of mine..

I just started this last night with the called for linen and overdyes while watching Top Gun! Once again, have a big ol piece of fabric left over and the design is shoved up into the left hand corner because I was expecting the design to be big! Lol. But I have a good 4 inches for framing so it's not so bad.

My last start is Snow Much, I believe, by Barbara Ana, and finished also..
It is sooo cute! The fabric is a Dahlia evenweave, don't know the count, from stash. I thought it was perfect for this design with the pink running through it. I changed the brim color of her hat because I didn't have the called for color. Her nose and the wording are DMC color variation threads. I'm starting to really like that DMC thread. I found a perfect backing fabric for this as I'm making a flat ornament out of her.

I haven't received my stash yet, :(  One of the items I'm buying is a brand new Market item so I think that's what's holding my order up. Speaking of Market, anyone seeing interesting items you got to have? I'm treating myself to a road trip down to Phoenix for the Market day at the Attic. I'm not sure what day it is, I'll have to checkout their newsletter to find the date. Going by myself since my daughter considers a walk inside a needlework shop to be some kinda H. E. L. L. Lol! 

I wanted to yell from the mountain top that the funny thing they saw in my mammography is BENIGN!!! Yes, I had to have an MRI two Friday's ago and just got word yesterday that I'm Benign. I can't tell you how relieved I am! So ladies, if you're over 40, please go get yourselves a mammography if you don't already do it. I hadn't had one in 10 or more years. I will now be getting one every year since I'm 52. Eh.

Thanks for your comments everyone. Wish I could put up an email so I could talk back to you. The email I stated in my last post for Barb to send me her mailing info resulted in a couple of trash emails. I just hate that.

Have a wonderful weekend

13 comments:

  1. So glad your medical news is GREAT!!! The red and green Noel thing is adorbs. I never have time to stitch anymore - waaaaaa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I'm debating whether to pick up a WIP or go and wash my dishes! Decisions decisions..

      Delete
  2. Hurray for the great results from your MRI!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the mailman was good to me today and I got your wonderful prize. I do love the chart and thank you so much for the really great fabric. I have not seen it before and it will be so much fun to stitch on. You are stitching on some great WIPS. that snowman is just adorable. Great news about your MRI. I do go through the mammogram every year. Thank you again for your very generous gift of the PS chart and the fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I just hope it didn't get scrunched up. I usually put in a cardboard so they don't arrive rolled up or worse. I don't know where my head was!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the medical news and on all of the fantastic progress! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news on your mammo Shelly. Congrats on the adorable finish. Love your new starts and nice progress on your wips.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blackbird & Snow Much are my favourites!!!
    That little snowman looks soo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love all your finishes and WIPS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news on the MRI! And wow, fantastic stitching on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous WIPs you are stitching on, and congrats on the two lovely finishes. It's always good when the stitching mojo gets a dose of doping, lol.
    It's such a pity when a designer has to close their business due to all these illegal downloads. It's incredible what you can find on pinterest and a shame that nothing can be done against it, quite obviously.

    Great results from your mammography! So good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that Mint Julep floss too, it makes such a difference on your Journey stitch. So pretty! I love the sweet snowman too.
    Great news from the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whew--I'll bet you were just so relieved at the news about your mammogram, Shelly! I go for mine in two weeks and am a bit nervous as I haven't had one in two years. Hope mine is good news like yours.

    I truly love your Journey finish. Will have to remember that beautiful Mint Julep floss... Great work on your other pieces and the snowman is wonderful on that pretty fabric.

    Hope March is off to a great start for you, Shelly :)

    ReplyDelete