Friday, July 15, 2016

Warning-Lots of Orange!

Hi all!

Today I celebrate the finish of my JOJ piece-Pumpkins and Sunflowers!


I look at it and think..it's not so big! I hope the pictures aren't blurry for you like they are for me but glasses on would help! The fabric is Lambswool Jobelan, darker than this pic. Two days ago I came thisclose to putting P&S down. I kept looking at the backstitching for both flowers and thinking I just can't do it! Each petal-backstitched. Then I read Justine's JOJ finish of the Pirate ship and was inspired to quit whining and just do it, lol. Her Pirate ship had much more backstitching and the design is so much bigger than this. After I had that middle flower done, I started backstitching the big pumpkin and the leaf at the top. And so on and so on. The two big leaves gave me heartburn with the 4 or 5 different greens, but I got her done! She took a bath and a rinse and now her pictures. The magazine is Cross Stitch & Needlework Nov. 2008 and she had been kitted up from 2008 to 2014 when I finally started it. I'm not sure what I will finish it into. I know for sure my next project will have no backstitching!

And I FFO'd two of my stitching. Remember this one and my quest for the white base?
Kansas Sunflower Pincushion by Lindsay Lane Designs. I winged it on this one. I put in a running stitch at the edge of the fabric to pull it and stuffed it with polyfil but when I got it into this container, it puckered up like crazy. Putting in the ric rac kind of straightened it out. That ric rac is called Italian Custard by Dames of the Needle, 1". So it has taken its place amongst my pincushions that I'll never stick a pin into.

In keeping with this Orangey post, here's Things That Go Bump in the Night 
I can't remember which JCS magazine this was from, maybe a Halloween issue. Sewing in the ric rac was a dicey proposition but I sweated it out. It turned out well! The back is also the fabric on the front.

Thank You, Justine, for your unofficial SAL! I had successful finishes in May and now July. I'll be picking out another WIP to work on for the rest of this month. Something that I'll have a good chance of finishing in the 16 days left.

The middle of July is upon us and Terri at Dixiesamplar has announced the 2016 Haunted Harvest Exchange and I'm joining. If anyone is interested, see her at Dixiesamplar's Exchange Group on Facebook. 

I believe that's it! Thanks for your comments last post! I thought I would respond to a few comments here. Here goes:

Carol, you're a fussy eater and I'm not an adventurous eater. I have to know what the mystery meat is or I won't eat it! The nice thing about Blue Apron is it takes me out of my comfort zone and I'm getting my veggies, too!

Heather, there is definitely cooking involved, and prep work too! I'm not crazy about the prep work but these meals are getting me away from fast food. The only thing I'm not crazy about is all the dirty dishes I'm creating for the piles of garlic and other ingredients that I'll be using a little later!

Okay, now I'm done! Hope you all have a great weekend and do some stitching!

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on all of the gorgeous finishes Shelly.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a fabulous finish! I'm so glad you stuck with it. It really lo9ks great.
    I love your two FFOs as well. What a clever idea for the pincushion. Your pillow is perfect too.
    I'm thinking of making this a more "official" and regular SAL. Seems there are quite a few of us who make good progress in short bursts on one project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stitching...love the pincushion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finishes--pumpkins & sunflowers is gorgeous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful finishes!!! WTG They all look sooo wonderful and I love the little finish in the round container.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That finish was so worth all the hard work. It is beautiful. I love the little ghost one too. You did a super job of finishing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely stitching -- all 3 are beautiful finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pumpkins look great. I really love the little pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. P&S turned out so pretty.
    Sometimes backstitching is a pain, but so worth it in the end.
    Your LL pincusion looks cute in that container, and the Ghosts are too cute.
    Congrats on your finishes.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, congrats on your beautiful pumpkin finish!!!
    I also love your ghost finish, it's just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty pumpkin!! And the little ghosts are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Orange" (sorry, I couldn't resist!) you glad you stuck with it and finished up that pretty pumpkin piece, Shelley? It looks great as does your ghostie :) The base for your pincushion is a great idea--so delicate and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your sunflower pincushion and sunflowers and pumpkins. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful stitching I love the pumpkin finish! I hate the dishes too lol

    ReplyDelete