Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Jack is back and that's a fact! Stuff, etc.

Hi all! 

Here we are, more than halfway through October. It's zooming by! So I have progress on a couple items, two finishes, and comments on comments. Let's do the comments first..

Barb, Flosstube is addicting. I have my favorites. I mostly watch/listen to Flosstube while I'm stitching. It's nice to see what others are stitching so you may like it.

Honeybee, I had no idea the weird moon pic with the spaceship crashed in its eye was from a silent movie. I agree with you there, silent movies are kind of creepy!

Marilyn, thanks for the link for tent stitch and here's why..

Jack's Bash is back and I did the tent stitch on Happy Hallowe'en there in the middle. I'm back to taking close up pictures again. Here is what he looked like last time..
I wish I knew what the fabric is. I know it's a Lakeside, maybe vintage Examplar. I follow a FB site Plum Street Samplers stitchers and this woman had a recent finish of Jack's Bash on it and I got reinvigorated for Jack. He's all I've been stitching on for the last 3 days.

Also, Halloween Cat received some attention..

And before..

I have two finishes, one for the Keeping Christmas Project SAL with Honeybee and a WIP that I had to frog. First is Santa's Workshop..
This design is found in the 2015 Christmas issue from Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher. The two sides are attached with a grosgrain ribbon in between and then a big skeleton key tied on with the ribbon. It's very pretty. The directions say to stitch in a back stitch around the design, both pieces, since the pieces get sewn together. Well, this fabric is quite thick, I think it's Creek Bed Brown by WDW. I think I can sew it up without using backstitching to run a needle through. 

And here is my WIP where I had to frog out part of Christmas last time and it's tiny, on 36 ct..

It's a little dark though. On 36ct Vintage Lentil, Lakeside. Tent stitch, Marilyn! I like it! Haha. 3" square, it's so very cute. I'm thinking of it mounted on top of a square wood box or paper mâché box. Because my tent stitch did so well here, it made the return to Jack painless. Oh, this is Christmas Wreath Pincushion by Beehive Needleworks.

One of these pieces may go to an exchange recipient because Teri/Dixiesamplar is having a Secret Santa Smalls Exchange 2016 and you make just one piece and send off with a card. She is taking sign ups right now until the 30th I believe. I don't know who my partner is yet but I hope she likes prim because I have two things already stitched up that are prim-ish and I would have them FFO'd in no time!

For the first time, I have signed up with the Hallowe'en Blog Hop that Jo/Serendipitous Stitcher hosts. You'll see me back before the end of the month with that which means I had better get stitching more on what I have picked for the Hop.

Are some of you familiar with Stash Unload on Facebook? Holy smokes, good thing I have a handle on my expenses, otherwise I would be buying loads of stash! I noticed though that some of the charts cost more there than eBay or even 123stitch. I did buy a chart of fleur di lis on a pincushion though, just $4. I also see some oldies but goodies on there. One Heart in Hand chart that I stitched about 9 years ago was being sold. Crazy. It's a dangerous place!

Okay, that's it! I'll be back in the next week or so with my Halloween item and Hop letter; I'm looking forward to that. So I'll be setting Jack down for awhile.

Thanks everyone for your comments! I'll leave you with a picture of my Upside Down cat!

13 comments:

  1. Great work! You tent stiched merry Christmas? It looks like full stitches! I'm excited to see the one with the key!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tent stitched just the wording. The wreath is full stitches.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work and glad tent stitch is working out so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those teeny stitches--I can see why the tent stitch came in handy, Shelly! I really love the way Jack is looking--can't wait to see more! Your Christmas stitching looks lovely, too--won't be long until we'll be putting up our trees. Yikes!!

    Enjoy what's left of October :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching, Shelly! I love over one but it is hard on the eyes. Tent stitch is a great way to do it! I love the Santa's Workshop piece and look forward to seeing it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful tiny stitches on Merry Christmas!!!
    Great update, you have been busy with your needles :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that cat photo! I have a question, are you using the tent stitch where over one is suggested? I love that Jack design. the border is so pretty, but I was afraid it called for lots of over one and I really don't like doing that stitch. I will give floss tube a check!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you see this, Barb. I tried emailing you from your profile but this iPad has been acting weird and won't let me. The tent stitch was called for and is only at Happy Hallowe'en and that entire verse which is making me nervous! I'm doing 1 over 2, full cross stitch elsewhere like the border. I actually like the tent stitch instead of a full stitch over one. It's really a half stitch over one, right? It's half the work! I know you can tackle this after A Ghoultide Welcome. I might add there are two sawtooth borders, below the alphabet.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo love your progress on Jack's Bash.
    Love your blue fabric for Halloween Cat.
    Upside Down cat is too cute, very pretty eyes.
    Glad the link helped you.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your project update! And what a wonderful pic of your cat- just love it!! Happy stitching and blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new header photo is great, perfect for the Blog Hop!
    Love Jack's Bash, it's another one of those samplers that look quite traditional until you look closer and see all the spooky details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely progress on your pieces :)

    ReplyDelete