Saturday, December 3, 2016

A great weekend!

Hi all!

Back so soon, you ask? Yes. My exchange goodie reached my partner and I received mine so I thought I would show off what they look like.

I made the PSS design The Favorite Font Sampler into a flat ornament/wall hanging..

And because my partner likes blue, I made the house blue and trimmed it with that thick blue chenille trim. Used twine for the bow and the hanger then added the rusty bells. She loved it. I also added a little Chocolate Santa to the package.

After a pretty bad day yesterday, I checked my mailbox to find I had received my exchange gift from my partner. When I read the card that came with it, I whooped because the partner turned out to be the owner and designer of Death By Thread, of whom I own two charts! Here it is..

Let's just say my attitude and day turned on a dime! I love it. The pattern is Merry Yule by Forgotten Farm. Velvet on the back and the scrunched up ribbon is a nice touch. Thanks again, Becky!

Also, I just found out that I won a $30 gift certificate to 123stitch from a Flosstuber! His name is Brian and he goes by Blitstitch on Flosstube and @blitstitch on Instagram. He works on huge and beautiful projects and is an excellent stitcher. So go check him out. I have a smile on my face that goes ear to ear! Haha.

I am stitching a Christmas design from that primitive stitching magazine I showed the last post. I'll be picking that back up here pretty soon.

Cricket-bug, I am still waiting on a package from Stitching Bits and Bobs. Everyone on FB says that the shop is pretty slow. In their defense, they are a two person shop as someone toured the shop and it was mentioned it's a wife/husband team. So as soon as I get it, everything will be on its way to you.

CJ, your package is in the mail as of today so watch out for it sometime this coming week.

I'll be back after Christmas with a recap of this year, and my stitching plans for 2017, big plans. If I'm not back sooner, I'll just say now that I wish each and everyone of you who follow or lurk, a very

12 comments:

  1. What a great finish! I have that chart, just need to stitch it! It's no wonder your mood improved... you got some great stuff! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely exchange- you must both be happy! Merry Christmas to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on the stitching and finishing Shelly. Happy Holidays.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, maybe you should buy a lottery ticket - you are having great luck!! Fun exchange items. I appreciate you sending me goodies Ü

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mail for sure. Great stitching....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your Win! I love Blitzsitch. Amazing Stitching. Thank you too for the honest review of Stitching Bits and Bobs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Cricket-bug maybe it is time to buy a lottery ticket. I love both of the exchanges. A lovely job on both finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice to win the gift certificate, Shelly!! If you need any help spending it, just let me know--ha ha!!

    Love your finish and what you received from Becky...

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas--and I look forward to reading about your stitching plans for 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too late, Carol! Spent and awaiting my package:))

      Delete
  9. Cute exchange projects.
    Congrats on winning a gift card.
    Can't wait to see what you bought. :)
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful post. So optimistic and cheerful. Congratulations on your win. Wonderful stitching and a lovely exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects! Congrats on the win I just added him to my flosstube list!

    ReplyDelete