Saturday, February 26, 2011

A new start, and the wait-ugh!

Happy Noon all!

I had an order with an ONS going back to the Super Bowl and have finally received it. It's all the thread for the Praiseworthy Stitches design in JCS Jan/Feb issue, thread for a freebie, and for ABC's from LHN:


Underneath is the mystery fabric to be used. I'm excited to start on this but only when I'm done with this LizzieKate design (have I mentioned how much I LIKE LK?!):



I started this last night watching Ghost Adventures. You get instant gratification with LK designs! I'll be done with this this weekend. Maybe by then my fabric from yet another ONS will arrive. I've been patiently waiting for it since the first part of this month. The fabric is for the winter beach design mentioned above. Seems all I've done is wait this month! I've noticed with LL fabric, waiting is almost a given considering how popular it is right now. Or maybe I'm buying from the wrong ONS.

Nothing much going on here other than a nice sized storm headed our way. The local newspaper warned us with 1 ft. of snow and high winds. That remains to be seen. I remember quite a few years ago the forecasters warned us with snow showers; we ended up with 2 1/2 ft. I've gone grocery shopping for the next 2 days and have battened down the hatches!

School is going good. One class has already ended as it ran for 5 weeks. So that leaves me with 3 classes, 2 are online. And of course Algebra, ick! This is why I'm able to pick up with the needle a lot more this semester than last. I did not stitch for 3 months straight in the fall. I had a heavy schedule with lots of work so I felt any leeway would put me behind.

I'm a heavy-duty reader, and joined Goodreads 2011 Challenge. I'm in the middle of a multi-book series right now and they're so good I've spent most of my time reading. Even ignoring stitching!

Well, hope the weather is fine where you're at! Spend it stitching!

2 comments:

  1. ohhh how cute is that LK? I stitched the one from the year prior and I loved how it turned out, it is bery gratifying becasue they stitch up so fast. Have you seen the one out from Market for this year? Cut, Cute, Cute.

    Stay warm and hopefully you dont get hit with to big of a storm.
    Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. The LK is so cute and if you are homebound for the weekend it should be finished! Hope it's not as bad as predicted!

    The thread colors look pretty for the next projects.

    Don't know which ONS you have ordered from, but recently I placed an order with Stitching Bits and Bobs~ ordered some silks on Mon and I was playing with them on Friday. Might be worth a look to see if they have what you want.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete