Saturday, February 5, 2011

New stash on the way

Actually, it's the fabric and the threads for Winter at Beacon House (see earlier post). I also bought fabric and threads for the Plum Street Samplers little design from the same issue of JCS. Can't wait! I don't do conversions. Whatever design caught my eye is what I buy for it, the called-for fabrics and threads. If I'm out of a GAST color, I'll throw in a WDW that looks alike. A lot of the time though, I use whatever fabric is in my stash. My fabric stash went down in numbers recently when I sold a lot of it on eBay. My bedroom/craft room looks a lot better!

On the WIP's/UFO's front--not a darn thing! Amazingly, I haven't stitched for 3 or 4 days. Maybe that's why I feel like I'm in a slump! I'm still stitching the All Hallow's Eve design from Notforgotten Farms. I'm almost done with it because I've decided to leave out the strip of pumpkins and vines that are below the numbers. I'd show you a pic but my camera went to Phoenix with my daughter for a ROTC drill competition today (her birthday is coming up, I need to buy her her own camera!).

Today is just a blahh kind of day; the sky is overcast and there isn't much going on around here. I need to get out of these pj's and grocery shop. (Light bulb over head)...yeah, chocolate here I come!

Have a great stitchy day, everyone!

p.s.: thanks Mary, for showing me the way! (I found the crushed walnut at a local pet store!)

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I'm still in my jammies and its almost 1:00 here!! Got lots of snow this week and haven't been out since Monday!

    Glad you found the walnut shells. Can't wait to see how you use them.

    Also, can't wait to see the new starts when your stash arrives!

    ReplyDelete