Sunday, January 13, 2013

Turtle Trot 2013

I just about forgot I was supposed to post photos of my Turtle Trot stitching! I just worked on two WIPs. Right below is Thee I Love from an old issue of JCS (see my sidebar at Turtle Trot 2013 to see date of magazine). The stitching is a little difficult as there are several shades of green that has me changing needles constantly. The color of the fabric is actually a light green and the flowers are white! Don't know what happened here! The bottom one is Winter House Sampler by Homespun Elegance. The only thing I stitched on the sampler was the snowman! I had to buy more DMC for both projects. Now that I have thread, I'll be dedicating some time to both.




Okay, so Blogger wants to do center! Whatever Blogger wants, Blogger gets!

This is just a short post for my Turtle Trot WIPs.

Thanks everyone for stoppin' in and visiting!

12 comments:

  1. Both look great! I love the snowman! Yeah, sometime Blogger seems to have a mind of it's own...
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on both pieces Shelly.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress! I like the pretty greens on Thee I Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thee I love is so pretty - I love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being the first winner of the Turtle Trot! I just saw your name on BAP-Attack's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats for winning the first turtle trot! I liked your first project the most.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty WIPs, Shelly! Blogger seems to be giving everyone a problem these days!! I guess you just have to try to post when "it" is having a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your WIPs are so pretty! I especially like that Homespun Elegance piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving both of your WIPs. :) So many pretty greens in the first one, and the second is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shelly, I have added my cross stitch projects for turtle trot on my blog. Do visit me at http://createwittyunleashed.blogspot.in/p/turtle-trot-2013.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete