Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Last Minute Happy Dance!

Happy New Year to everyone in Blogland!!!

I have finished Something Wicked by La D Da
On the called-for fabric with silks. Love it, it's definitely smaller than I thought it was going to be! Onto the to-be-framed pile with the other inhabitant!

Here's the 3 other WIPs for the Turtle Trot

This is Winter House Sampler by Homespun Elegance. I started this in early December and put it down to start ornaments. It replaces Something Wicked.

Well I've lost pictures in my computer somewhere but the other WIPs are the LizzieKate Mystery Sampler-I stitched to the middle portion. Fancey Blackett Harvest Dance-wish I could show you a pic of it. I started it in the Spring of last year and got to the tree trunk and found I had counted wrong somewhere so I put it down! And the project that I'm going to work on today is Thee I love. Stitched on evenweave, I'm hoping I don't get confused on it. Everytime I start on evenweave I don't know whether to count over two like on linen or if I'm supposed to count over 1. I'll take a cue from my stitches already on Thee I Love and go with it!

I wanted to show you my Ort jar. I didn't belong to TUSAL last year but I do this year-2013.
Filled it up. I kind of hate to throw these out! They're like an good old friend-stayed there beside you through thick or thin! I must be in a contemplative mood, thinking of last year and all the changes I'm GOING to make for 2013.

I just want to say THANK YOU to all my followers, old and new, for hangin' with me this past year. It's exciting to reach 75, 76 followers and although I don't always answer everyones comments, I do read them because I'm on this computer Every. Day! Please keep leavin' those comments though! Take Care y'all!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish Shelly. It turned out great.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish Shelly!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you too! I love Something Wicked ( in my stash), nice job. Thank you, thank you for the sweet give away package. It was waiting in the garage when we got home tonight. It's like a little Christmas all over. I am still slowly going through it and savering each item. I will post about it and your blog this weekend. You are too sweet. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your great finish! I bought some empty plastic ornament bulbs from Michael's to put my ORTs in. I saw on some other cross stitch blogs that they write the year on the bulb. I still have my ORTs from 2011 in a different jar. So I'll make a bulb for each year, and put the rest of the ORTs out for the birds to add to their nests!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great last finish for the year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great last finish Shelly! It's always fun to end the year with a finish!! Kind of like cleaning the slate for the next year. And that design is a great one to stitch. You'll be all ready to put it out next year!!

    I keep my ORTs in a little basket, but I don't post them. Well I did one time. I compacted all the threads and had the shape of the basket. It was amazing how many different colors were in there.

    BTW, thank you so much for pulling my name for your Giveaway. I emailed you my address. I hope that you got it. I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete