Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March '13 Ornament SAL

I have two ornaments for March to show...
The Pickety Witch freebie by The Little Stitcher and can be found HERE . On 32ct linen using DMC. Next up is one of those 2-birds-with-1-stone situations!

Here's Magic by Charlotte's Web Needlework found in the JCS Ornament 2010 magazine. This beauty is also one of my Turtle Trot WIPs. This is the result of marathon stitching Sunday and last night. There are more beads below the wand on the pattern but after battling the metallic DMC in the wings, shoes, Smyrnas' on the bottom of the dress and the words, I just wanted to be done! It's pretty though.

By the time the 13th of April rolls around to report to the Turtle Trot I will have another finish. But you'll have to wait til the 13th!

I met with Mary from Stitches and More for breakfast and she had made me this project bag! How very cool! I love these things and it's my first one
It's a pretty good size and it's been put to use. Thanks again Mary! BTW Mary, I saw the picture on your blog of the moon and I have a general idea of where you're staying at just by looking at the mountains in the background! That almost sounds stalker-ish! Eeewww. But have a good safe trip back to Oklahoma!

Well I've got to go. This is my 95th post and counting down to 100 when I'll have another Giveaway. After this Giveaway, I'll have to stop! I enjoy doing this but I'm looking at some auto repairs down the road (no pun intended) or actually buying another car. I did do some 'Nashville stashing' and I'll have a pic of those soon. But I kept my distance from the Attic this year! No worries, I have enough kitted-up stuff to stitch and they'll have to suffice! Take Care you all! Welcome to the new followers also!

13 comments:

  1. Love your Pickety Witch - thank you for sharing the link to the chart - Who doesn't love freebies - Had to download right away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Magic...great stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute witch and the magic fairy is very sweet. Nice work on the specialty stitches and beading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your ornament finishes Shelly!
    I have to stitch the little witch one.
    So nice that you got to meet up with Mary! That project bag is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ornaments looks really pretty. That project bag looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are so cute, Shelly!! I know the pain of stitching with metallics so I tend to avoid designs with them, but that little fairy is adorable...

    How nice that you got to meet up with Mary--her bag was a fabulous gift to receive :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelly, your ornaments are great! I love the Magic one. It's so sparkly! The project bag is a wonderful gift. I'm looking forward to your Turtle Trot post on the 13th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable ornaments Shelly. I love your new project bag.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ornaments came out really cute. Love the project bag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your ornaments turned out really love. I especially like the angel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're stitching too fast! LOL. Your finishes look great - I fight with my metallics too, but it does make a nice effect! I look forward to your next TT post!

    ReplyDelete