Friday, June 14, 2013

Turtle Trot June and a finish!

Wish me luck on a post that'll work. This is my third try. Here we go

I have another finish
Here's Homespun Elegance's Winter House sampler. I used Sandstone linen which is a tad darker than this pic. I like it a lot. At first I wasn't too crazy for the thread colors used but its grown on me! And of course, there was Poppies that I finished last week. 

Here's another view of the sampler


So here's what I've been stitching on in between everything. This is a Jeannette Douglas design called Vintage Stars. It's a kit with silks. See the 'star' on the left near G? Well, I think it was supposed to be another color, like that of the bigger star at bottom center. I just hope I don't run out of the color I was  SUPPOSED to use on the smaller stars. The silks came in a small bag with a paper with names of the silk colors but no way to identify the silks! Oh we'll! This problem I'm having with posting is back so I'll say goodbye, take care, say Welcome to my 93rd follower, and Thanks for all the comments last post! You are all super!

13 comments:

  1. Cute finish!

    http://wilhelmina46.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the great finish Shelly. What a pretty design. Like your new start also.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the lovely finish.
    Lovely colours on your new start, I like the fabric as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fabric color for the new start was unintentional! I didn't know the fabric was dyed. I wet it to get the fold creases ironed out and ended up with that cross shape in the middle! I figure the stitches will cover most of that. Adventures in Cross Stitching! Lol

      Delete
  4. What a lovely finish! You've reminded me that this one is in my stash and I really should stitch it having seen yours! Like your new start too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lois! Instead of chain stitching the two areas of snow beneath the big house and the very bottom, I just put in x stitches, and the french knots at the vine were replaced with red beads. I enjoyed stitching it, especially the house!

      Delete
  5. What a great new finish, Shelly--really love it!!

    Hope your blog posting problems disappear soon. Blogger sure can be ornery at times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh! LOVE the Homespun! Wonderful job. The Jenette Douglas is a pretty quaker design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Deb! And it's my first Quaker anything too! So I'm having fun with it!

      Delete
  7. I love your finish! And pretty colors in Vintage Stars! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty finish and the Vintage Stars looks great, loving the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your wonderful finish! I hope you don't run out of silks for your new sampler.

    ReplyDelete