Thursday, July 4, 2013

Arrghh...Some finishing, me hearties.

No, I have not been drinking!

Thank You, ladies, for your words of comfort. The coroners office is releasing the bodies of the firefighters Sunday so there'll be a procession from Phoenix to here; an 80 mile procession. It's actually a 95 mile drive from Prescott to Phoenix. So far, we think they'll be passing by my town. So we will be out at the highway paying our respects.

So now for some more cheerful news....I've actually finished some stuff!



We have Christmas Magic from the 2010 JCS ornament magazine on top of the fabric it'll be sewed to, the pirate toad by Stitchy Kitty, and the freebie The Pickety Witch on top of the pumpkin fabric.



I had this wine-colored velvet and thought it would look great. White ribbon bow and hanger. The velvet was hard to work with as it kept moving while I was sewing, even when pinned. Oh, and the bow and hanger is secured with a mother-of-pearl button.



I shouldn't be showing this just yet because I'm waiting for some seam tape in green that matches Capt. Frog that will be ruched around the pillow. I sewed on some stuff like little hearts (I love Pirates, blame it on Capt. Jack!), mother-of-pearl buttons, and that faux coin. It's red on the back too. Happy to have him finished!



Nothing real fancy here. I wanted to make a door hanger with this. I attached a rusty safety pin with a copper charm, which is real hard to see. Hangs by the black ribbon. I think I'm going to stitch more Halloween ornies in each month. After all, it's already July!

So I still have more finishing to do thanks to the Ornament SAL,lol! And one Sheep Virtue to sew up, the first one. Poor sheep! I'm sure it's lonely!

Guess what I did? I ordered the LHN Mystery Sampler! I was resisting it fine until I saw a sneak peek of the second section-it's got a house! I'm really liking houses right now!

This is my third post using this app. It looks like the pics are just a bit blurry. So I'm trying to ease up on cropping the pictures. If you click on each picture, you'll get a real nice, clear picture.

Well the fireworks have started and my cats are going bonkers! They don't like the noise. It's back to work tomorrow and then my usual 3 day weekend so it's laundry time. Hope you're all having or had a great 4th! Good night, over and out.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the cute finishes Shelly.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I don't know what happened..it practically takes an act of Congress to get me to finish my little stuff. I hope I'm still in the 'mood' Saturday!

      Delete
  2. You have been busy...very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finishes Shelly! Finishing work is not always fun but very rewarding when you get to sit and enjoy the outcome!

    We are very sad also about the awful tragedy with the firefighters. I've spent many a happy hour up in the pines around Prescott at quilt camps for many years and always enjoyed visiting the area. I don't know Yarnell in particular but it's a sad time for our state :-( Even my brother back in Illinois called to see where he could send a donation so at least people are pulling together to assist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful finishes and finishing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't it feel great to get those all finished up, Shelly? I love the velvet on the first one--gives is such an elegant touch. I've never sewed with velvet, but imagine it would be a bit finicky!

    I am still mourning the deaths of all those brave young firefighters--such a tragedy for your state and for the entire country... It just broke my heart seeing the interviews with their widows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are fantastic finishes, Shelly! When I click on the photo it does come up big and super clear.

    ReplyDelete