Saturday, October 25, 2014

Stitch from Stash October, Aarrgh!

Hello!

Lets get the first business of the day out of the way-Stitch from Stash:

Starting Balance: $23.15
  Add in October:   25.00=$48.15

Money Spent: $47.60 
What the heck did I buy?! PSS's Jacks Bash which I showed on a previous post, overdyed thread, two  fabric ornament cuts, two black DMC, piece of linen from Dixie Samplar, and Lady Rachel Ruth by Scattered Seed Samplers. The picture of this chart is below. It's so cute! 

New Starts: Tombstone Angel

WIPs or UFOs worked on: LK Scary Sampler, Dream Big, Pumpkins & Sunflowers, Harvest Delivery, and Early Witches

Ending Balance: $0.55 Yes, just 55 cents!! But! Mel has given us a $50 bonus to spend between now and the end of the year. I may be making the trip to Las Vegas again this year in December and there is a cross stitch shop there which I didn't know about last year; wish I did! I'll save that 50 for that shop.

So here's Lady Rachel Ruth..
So cute. I have the fabric for this, just need to buy the threads.

And here's progress on Early Witches..
There's something to be said for waiting (more like procrastinating!) for all the pieces to be released. The very last section had the entire graph so I didn't have to wait to stitch in sections. There's a method to my madness!

And look at Harvest Delivery..
I've started the horses tail there near that round thing! I'll be done by Thanksgiving like I wanted. See that needleminder? When I opened my exchange package I guess it fell down into the box and I didn't see it. While cleaning up, I grabbed the box and the needleminder fell out! Here's a closer look..
Isn't it cute? It's a bottle cap with the primitive-like picture of witchy owls attached to the bottle cap. It has a good strong magnet on the back. I love it! Thanks again Vickie!

Aarrgh! I received the Traveling Treasure Chest from Linda. It was like Christmas! Here's what I picked..
Both of them have fabric and threads! So the chest goes to Dima of the blog D1D2 
http://d1-d2.blogspot.com/

Thanks Kim for putting this together. I had fun!

Here we are a week from Halloween and nothing will be finished. I haven't even picked up Wicked to frog, I haven't finished Tombstone Angel, Early Witches is nowhere near done. I haven't started stitching on the Christmas exchange ornament yet which I will start this weekend. What I have been doing is putting together two months worth of charts, fabrics, and fibers for the SAL Linda from Stitching with my Furbabies is hosting in memory of SoCalDeb or Debbie. Yeah, I'm Crazy with a capital C! I'll have a nice mixture of BAPs, ornaments both Christmas and Halloween, larger Christmas and Halloween designs, magazine designs, WIPs, freebies. I didn't want to have nothing but BAPs. I would go bonkers without some finishes here and there. The scary thing is I have almost a months worth of charts that are ready to go! With fabric and fibers! Yikes! I sat down and added all my purchases so far and it's an outrageous number! All the charts I have lined up are in my stash and so are most of the fibers and fabric. I have to wait for the new year to buy the rest of the supplies! That's so bad! Have I not learned a darn thing being on a budget! Lol! I'll put up a list of my Crazy 60-something starts soon.

If you made it this far-Congrats! Hope I haven't bored you! I have cut down on the pictures but if you're anything like me, I do like a pic-heavy post. Welcome to the new followers! I appreciate all comments. Take care!






4 comments:

  1. Great new stash Shelly. Lovely stitching and they are growing. I'm so happy that your joining me next year with the Super Duper challenge. I'm going to go look through the piles I've been making. I probably have about 70 pulled and that isn't even half of what I need to look through. I might have to start one everyday next year.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ay least all your WIPS are great. The little needle minder is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo my firend are never a bore. Lovely post today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your selection from the TTC. Hope you enjoyed the adventure - thank you for participating - that's what makes it so fun. The more, the merrier!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete