Saturday, November 29, 2014

A Christmas finish, lots of DMC cardboard winding!

Here's the result of my Black Friday shopping!

Two years ago, my daughter and I decided to do Black Friday. To make a long story short, we got home a little after 1 a.m. after standing in line at two stores for what seemed like 4 hours! Never again I said! Back to this year. I went to Michael's at 11 a.m. with a 25% off entire order coupon and a list of DMC numbers and there were a lot! 58 skeins to be exact. The week before, I had bought 30something skeins. The picture above is what 58 skeins looks like. The poor lady at the checkout counter, I felt sorry for. But she managed to beep every skein in short order!

Just a few minutes ago I finished this..
Isn't it cute? This is Angel Abode by Goodflora Stitchwort. I'm thinking flat ornament for this with the fabric, ribbon, and pins shown. The designer is based in the UK. I found her blog first and then her Etsy site. Such cute offerings. Here's the link to her blog-
http://goodfloras.blogspot.com/

You can reach her Etsy site from her blog. I also bought and downloaded, charts are PDF's, Prim Sheep
Hope this shows up clear, it's looking blurry from my side. You can either stitch the words spring or prim in the 
sheeps body. I just may start this today.

I have my work cut out today, winding all those skeins on my favorite cardboard bobbins! Then adding them
to their respective charts. The Crazy begins almost a month from now and I'm getting everything together. 
I'm starting 59 items. I know, crazy! You're all going to be so sick of seeing my posts! Haha.

Hope your able to stitch a lot today! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, those of you who celebrate it! 
Welcome to the new followers! I'm off to make a turkey sandwich!

9 comments:

  1. Hello

    Just found your blog.
    I love all those skeins you've arranged in a heart shape!
    Beautiful finish too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally and welcome! I see you're a no-reply blogger so I got on here to respond to you. Have a nice Sunday!

      Delete
  2. I'll be posting my Michaels pics later. I used the 40% off everything and bought around 100 skeins. It was great I didn't go until 4 and thought everything would be sold out but actually they had every color except 3 I needed. They were out of plastic bobbins though so I still need to pick those up but it was a great haul and everyone was in a good mood, even the customers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new projects. You will be busy with the floss winding

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very pretty Christmas stitch!! You did great on black Fri. I stayed home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post today - just what I needed to get me going. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the cute finish Shelly. I am still very excited about January. I just bought about 500 skeins of floss at JoAnn's on Friday. Plus about 200 a couple weeks ago. Ugh!!!!!! I'm going to be winding bobbins for all of December.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy Cow, Linda! 700 skeins??!! I'm complaining for nothing. I gave up winding today, couldn't take it anymore! I was going to time myself on how long it took me to wind one bobbin. Lol.

      Delete
  7. Lol!! This is what I've been doing a lot recently...winding bobbins :)
    I must admit, I'm pleased it's done and can go back on my stitching!

    ReplyDelete