Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Stitch from Stash, finishes

Greetings!

Here we go, my first SFS posting for the B portion. I'm sure you all know what SFS is about so I won't go into detail. I'm excited to be taking part again after an 8 month hiatus!

Month: July

Spent: $6.50

Earned: $12.00 and $2.00 (explanations below)

Balance: $32.50 ($25.00 - 6.50 + 12.00 + 2.00 = $32.50)

Of course I had to buy a chart when the SFS started!
I was perusing the clearance section at Stitching Bits n' Bobs when I spotted Lady Anne all by herself. Here's a better picture from the website..
I'm seeing a nice warm mottled fabric for her, just like the picture. For $6.50! Changes in store for her are creating fingers for her platypus hands! Especially her right hand. Lol. Other than that, she's good to go.

As for finishing credits, I did finish Salem Sisters this month which is $12.00. They way the rules read, it sounds like Sisters qualifies.

And my second finish is Boo, started last Friday and finished yesterday. A freebie designed by the Stitcherhood, some of you may have seen it before. I finish finished it today..
And yes, I intended that black cat to be peeking around the side! It's on Lilac linen and finished with the Halloween fabric, all from my stash. Worth $2.00. I haven't decided if I'm going to add a trim to the whole outside. I just may leave it as is.

Since I was at my craft table I finished up something else, one of my Valentine finishes..
I cannot remember where I got this freebie. I was going to do a pillow but it's so tiny I thought this would do, a flat ornament with fabric added to the side. As you can see, I did the dotted light green for the back. Added Pearl pins to the side and mother of pearl buttons to the front. It's purdy!

Some of the WIPs I worked on (leftover from SFS 2014!) were Without a Mouse, Blackwater Hollow Sampler, Automnale Ambiance and Halloween Revelry..
More progress made since this..
I have warmed up to the funky shade of PTP Dill. Not sure newer Dill is this color though. Oh well. On 40ct. Decided to give these eyes a workout!

That's it. In the basket for another month. I'm on a 'staycation' right now, returning to work in 7 days. I've been bingeing on Downton Abbey, all 4 seasons, Ghost Adventures on Netflix, and right now Scooby Doo! My daughter is in North Carolina right now, Raleigh to be exact. Which is how I'm watching whatever I want! 

See you all next time!


13 comments:

  1. I'm a little jealous of your staycation! Sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your stitching and new stash! Especially your Boo finish and its backing fabbie - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finishes Shelly. Nice progress on your other projects.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great I like the fabric you chose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your finishes are wonderful. I love the lilac fabric you used in that finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your finishes! So wonderful! I especially like "BOO"! I've done that one, too--so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wonderful finishes!!! Especially Boo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fabric selection is great for the design you are stitching

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of this is wonderful....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stitching and new stash! I do love the look of that 40 count PTP Dill.

    Enjoy your staycation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stitching and wonderful finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your staycation has been productive, Shelly! I think I need one of those just to catch up around here--I was out of town for five days, came back and worked two days and finally have a day at home tomorrow. I love your latest finishes--so nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute finish, great idea with the cat peeking. :)
    Love that fabric.
    "love" is very pretty, and nice fabric for HR.
    It's going to look great on that.
    Happy staycation!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete