Saturday, August 8, 2015

Gone around the bend, a detour

Hi all!

Yup, I've gone around the bend. In the last week, I've signed up for a Fall/Halloween exchange and two, yes 2, SALs! The exchange hosted by Terri from Dixiesamplar, and the SALs are the Prairie Schooler and the Americana hosted by Kaye of Kitten Stitching. I would put up links but they don't work so well on this app on my iPad. Now, I haven't stitched up a whole lot of PS but since hearing they are retiring, I had to join in on the fun. As soon as I can, I'll add to my stash some PS.

I took a detour recently. Here she is..
The Black-Hearted Queen by sub-rosa. Here's a better picture of the color of the fabric I used..
Here's a commercial for DixieSamplar fabrics, unpaid of course! But because I love her fabrics! This is 28ct Vintage River Rocks. I also made some changes to the pattern: red lips, a different neckline. I knocked this out in a weekend. 

So, I've been tackling some long time WIPs and put in a few more stitches on this one..
This is Pumpkins & Sunflowers from a Cross Stitch & Needlework magazine. It's taking on a life since the last time I stitched on it..
October 11th of last year is the last time I stitched on it. To the left of the sunflower is a ginormous pumpkin taking shape. You can see a leaf above it and the stalk. I'm looking forward to it because it's one color of orange!

I haven't stitched a whole bunch in the last week. It's been pretty warm here and it just sucks the life outta you! 

I'm off. Just finished watching the Pro Football Hall of Fame ceremonies on TV. It always ushers in football season and the start of cooler weather around here. I am so ready for Fall! 

Thanks for stopping by! See you around the 15th!


12 comments:

  1. Love the header. Black- Hearted Queen is wonderful. The linen is just right for the design. I think many of us are anxious for Fall and it's cooler temps!!! We are again close to 90 this coming week. Our average temps in the summer are in the high 70's. No AC here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Black Hearted Queen. I am also ready for cooler weather, if only below 100! The magazines will be in the mail by Tuesday.
    s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gracie! I would be happy with 85 and no humidity! The monsoons have been kind of wimpy up here.

      Delete
  3. Cute finish Shelly. I love the pumpkins and sunflowers pieces. Can you tell me what issue its in.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Shelly. Your stitching in beautiful.I love the colors on pumpkins and sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the finish. I agree about the heat. We don't really get cooler weather for fall so I am just holding out for cold temps in November/December. happy stitching....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finish on great fabric.
    Can't wait to see more of the Pumpkins/Sunflowres.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, oh, oh, you're doing fall stuff! Love it... favorite season! Your Black-Hearted Queen looks great and that pumpkin/sunflower piece is going to be beautiful! Hurry up, fall! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stitching, as always! Thanks for the info about the SALs. Just what I need, like another hole in my head!! LOL Seems like the only way I actually finish anything though so I guess I might as well! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Black Hearted Queen is a great design. I do like her on that fabric too.

    ReplyDelete