Thursday, October 10, 2013

For Cathey and her family





Saw a new blogpost from Sharon (Daffycat) on my blog list titled A Sad Day so I opened it. It took me awhile to digest what the post said. Then it hit me. I burst into tears and said "And I didn't even know her!". Cathey had passed today. My daughter sat there kind of flummoxed over why I'm crying. I had mentioned to my daughter this fellow blogger who was fighting some bad cancer. That's right! I didn't even know her. But I was going to throw my weight behind her fight virtually. Through the airwaves! Lol!

She's not in pain and suffering anymore. From past experience, for myself, you don't want them gone, you want them right there in front of you! So to her family I say-She was a fighter, a very brave woman whose family was very important to her. All this from just reading her blog! Her character came through in her words.

My heartfelt condolences to her family and friends.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Like you I also sat and read the news and cried and like you I didn't know her but she is now at peace and touched us all by her courage x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully said Shelly. I am so sad and can only take comfort in knowing she is now pain free and that so many loved her even though they didn't know her. She will always be remembered.

    ReplyDelete