Saturday, December 21, 2013

Hurtling toward Christmas and other news

Wow. I'm so behind on everything and Christmas is just 4 days away. We're looking for a live tree and there is nothing! We might have to get another artificial (sounds better than fake) tree!

Barb and Catherine, I just sent off your winnings today, by Priority mail. I got those in the slot 5 minutes before closing at the post office. I'm hoping you'll get your packages Tuesday! Wah!

The other person I picked, Justine, emailed me and said with the cost of sending things to the UK, it's quite alright to pick another name to win my other sachet. Thanks Justine! So the person I picked is none other than-Gracie!, from Needles, Pins, and Dragonflies. She lives just an hour or so from me, so it was pretty neat that her package doesn't have far to go. Gracie, I have your address and I'll get the sachet into the PO on Monday. It should get there by Tuesday.

Whew! I woke up late this morning, 9:00 to be exact, after being woke at 3 by Charley Horse. Do you know Charley, that wonderful guy who strikes at the worst times?! It took awhile to subside even after doing my usual grabbing my toes and pulling back to flex my foot. I couldn't go back to sleep afterward so I grabbed my book and read for an hour before falling asleep again.

I have joined Stitching from Stash 2014. It's gonna be great. I have all my New 10 Starts 2014 kitted up. I had to put in an order for some GAST and WDW but that's it. So these starts are going to be my stitching from my stash. I'll have pictures up of what I'm starting next year soon. SFS14 (stitching from stash2014) requires you to use a budget of $25 a month to spend in stitching. You can't go over. But you can bank the 25 to spend up to $50 the next month. I needed this bad! I have a button up at the top left side of this blog. Check it out!

Up to this date, I've joined or re-joined 3 SALs-TUSAL, SFS14, and Turtle Trot 2014. Pretty easy to do, these ones.

So I picked more WIPs for the Turtle Trot. Here they are



This is Home-A Diminutive Sampler by Pineberry Lane. It calls for 1 over but I did it 2 over and am about to run out of the Roasted Marshmallow so that'll be one of my budget purchases in the new year.




In The Meadow by CCN. I mistakenly called the fabric Guacamole but its really Scuppernong by WDW. I love the snowflakes on this, it makes me feel like I've walked into a room with hanging paper snowflakes! I can tell you that those trees are going to be time-consuming!




Vintage Stars by Jeannette Douglas. I picked this up a couple days ago and stitched in the blue part.




Fancey Blackett.




Baseball Boys by Helen Nicholson. Found in a 1996 Keepsake Calendar. I don't like baseball, but I like the guys standing around with their cheeks full of gum, hopefully it's not chew! Yuck!




I will finish this in 2014! Lol. My long suffering WIP. That's some intense stitching that I'll be doing.




Yes, I just came to a shrieking halt on this. I hope to have this one done before Halloween.

I'm in the enviable position of starting a new start now because I need to have 10 WIPs! Woohoo!

I like to read so I have all my 2014 reading lined up.



This author is coming out with a brand new book next June, so I'm doing a re-read. I am missing Fiery Cross. It probably fell apart last time and I tossed it. I'm reading the top book, Voyager, right now. I've already read the first two, the Outlander and Dragonfly in Amber. Voyager is 3rd in the series.



Here's more. The bottom book is a thriller set in Victorian London. Sounds like a good read. The Dark Monk is the 2nd of a series, written by a descendant of a long line of hangmen! They're mysteries and the main character is a hangman. Good reading, too. the Cuckoo's Calling is by the pseudonym of J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter books. I've read excerpts and it sounds great. The top book is about a woman who changes herself and becomes a force to be reckoned with, my description anyway! Just what I need is a book of a woman who changes herself to inspire me to do something with myself!

Here's my total orts for the entire year!



It's not a whole lot but I feel like I stitched a lot and had finishes too.

Well, another long-winded post! Oh but there will be more next time! I still have an ornament to stitch for the last Ornament SAL and pictures of my new starts for next year. So I'll be back on the 30th or sooner.

Take care and stay warm out there!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

7 comments:

  1. Oh me oh my I won a sachet....thank you. Thank you Justine also for passing your winning to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your WIPS. I tend to stitch till done so I don't have many of those. I got the notice from 1,2,3 Stitch. Thank you! thank you! thank you!! I feel like a child in a candy store trying to decided which candy to buy! Have a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great WIPs! I need to join the Stitch From Stash for next year since there isn't a LNS nearby. I'll miss being able to drop by, look and touch, and chat. I have enough to keep me busy for a long while, though! I'm going to check it out now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful works in progress. Love that series! I read it almost 10 years ago...I am betting with my weak memory I could dive right in like a new read. :) I have a few books for my winter reading but nothing like the stash I had last year. I usually pick my books up at yard sales and I did not hit that many this year. Enjoy the holiday festivities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices Shelly. Can't wait to see the rest of them.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful update Shelly! Such wonderful projects. It looks like you are all set for 2014.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous update! Loved seeing your wips and what you have planned for next year. Baseball boys is great ~ change the hair colors and it could be my three boys! And yay ~ your package arrived today!! Thank you so much ~ adorable ~ I love it! It has already found a home amongst my other Christmas stitches. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete