Sunday, December 29, 2013

Ornament SAL, plans for the new year, etc.

I'm just now getting over my Holiday Hangover. I did receive two things from my Wish List-5 pairs of those plush socks, and slippers! Hope your Christmas was wonderful!

Here's the last ornament as part of the Ornament SAL



This is a freebie from an unknown designer. Not sure of the count of the linen. This took me all of two days to stitch and that's in between going to work and doing normal household chores. It's a quick stitch.

I also started and finished this



Peace by Erica Michael. On 28ct linen with overdyes. I started this up Christmas Day after everyone left for their homes. I'm seeing a door hanger with this one, flat or stuffed with wire for the hanger, rusty bells at the bottom, hmm....

I've been lining up all my WIPs and new starts for next year, and finding patterns to pair up with all these small cuts of fabric I have. Peace and Merry Christmas are stitched on fabric that I've had forever. I have a bad habit of buying fabric and forgetting what I bought it for! Now that I'm 'Stitching From Stash', I need to use up some of these pieces.

I'm really excited about getting my stash down to a manageable pile and having extra money to use on really important things like, oh you know, bills!

Here's another of my Turtle Trot stitching



Haha, I don't know what I've done with the magazine and graph for this. This won't be the first time I've misplaced a graph! Aaaand....I misplaced another one and this time it's both the magazine and fabric! I have some excavating to do:),

Here's all of my 10 new starts for 2014! Starting with this one below. After that-who knows?!



No intro needed! I live by this LK motto!


School Days by La D Da in the October 2003 issue of JCS. This is a subscription I had and this design has been a I-Wanna-Stitch all this time!


LK's Snowy Day, part of the 6 Fat Men series.


Cutest PSS design, found in JCS Jan/Feb. '11. Need more CC though.


Hornbook Angel



Dear House, waiting on fabric


No intro needed!


Blackwater Hollow Sampler by Stacy Nash


Celtic Bird by The Sunflower Seed. I may use a lighter fabric for this one. And this, number 10, Christmas and Halloween ornaments



See all those blue markers? It's my goal to stitch every one of those ornaments, Christmas or Halloween! There are some bigger designs in the two Halloween-only magazines also. Woohoo! I'm looking forward to New Years Day!

Don't forget to click on the pictures. From my vantage point on this iPad, my pictures are small and kinda blurry. So when I click on them, they appear larger and not blurry. They may look different if you're using a PC or laptop.

See my header picture? The new season of Downton Abbey starts the 5th of January! I'm so excited!

Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Lots of things going on in 3 days, new starts, revisiting some neglected projects. On a personal level, get in shape, take care of my finances, and a new outlook on life!

Take care, you all! I appreciate your comments and visits!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

13 comments:

  1. Love your last 2 finishes. What a great group of projects that you have chosen for 2014!
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great! You've got a lot of great projects lined up for 2014. I have a few things to try this new year myself.. projects that could potentially make us some extra bill money. : )
    Have a wonderful new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely list of new projects you have...enjoy stitching them all and havea wonderful 2014. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Erica Michael ornament, especially the Assisi stitching on the word Peace. I've lined my new starts up, but I'm keeping it a secret to be revealed as I stitch. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've picked some great new starts Shelly.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I can hardly wait til the new season of Downton Abbey starts on Sunday, Shelly--there is only one problem with it... I can't stitch while I watch it because I don't want to miss any detail of their costumes or the house or the beautiful English countryside!!

    Love the projects you've picked and the Erica Michael ornament is especially pretty--sounds like you have a perfect finish in mind :)

    Wishing you the happiest of new years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These projects look very interesting. I just love the House of Love!!! I am not near as organized, but am trying to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute finishes! I am looking forward to Downton Abbey too. You have some beautiful projects lined up for 2014. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am impressed how organized you are! Happy stitching! Have a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All looks lovely! May the New Year be filled with plenty of stitching time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all of your planned projects! I am so excited for Downton Abbey! I am looking forward to this spring too, as the costumes of Downton will be be at a local museum!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. That is a great bunch of patterns! Can't wait to see the progress

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great projects to stitch. I have joined the 2014 Turtle Trot and will be looking forward to all the progress of everyone.
    http://joycesloveoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete