Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!!




Wow, here we are. A new year! Oh, the possibilities.....!

I didn't make it to midnight last night. At 10 I threw in the towel and went to bed! My intention was to stay up and ring in the new year with my first start but...

Here's my Ort jar, same one I used last year! There's not a whole lot..yet




So here's my first start of the year-Housework Never Killed Anyone by LK



And here's my 10th Turtle Trot-A Winters Nap by Erica Michaels



It's on 36ct linen with some overdyes and DMC. It's going to be tiny, width-wise. Another door hanger :0)

I'm watching movies this morning. I stitched the LK watching Game of Shadows Sherlock Holmes, and now just started The Woman in Black with the former Harry Potter, just can't get his name. This is a dark, gothic movie, but its great. Next up, Carrier, a documentary of life aboard an aircraft carrier. When I graduated from high-school, 31 loooong years ago, I was supposed to go into the Navy with my friend. Well, I chose to move to another friend's hometown and go to school nearby. I moved and didn't go to school. So whatever regrets I have, this is one of them.

I better wrap this up. I've got dishes to wash (I wash dishes old school!), a house to pick up, and some groceries to buy.

Thanks everyone! Yesterday, when I got home from work, I sat down to look at blogs and there were so many new posts! Just like the old days! Yeah, I've also noticed that there are a lot of blogs that have just kinda fell by the wayside.

Hope you're starting those new starts today!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

7 comments:

  1. Great new starts Shelly.

    Happy New Year,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first TUSAL of the year 2014 you can see here:
    http://anacristinap.blogspot.com.br/2014/01/tusal-112-ano-3.html


    Happy new year!
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Shelley! I'm looking forward to seeing your 2014 projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing those completed projects! Happy New year!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Shelly!! Great new starts for 2014. I still need to start my sampler today. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you every happiness in this new year, Shelly--and hopefully, lots of great new stash and more stitching time. Enjoy those new WIPs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely starts for the New Year. I especially like the LK one!!!!

    Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete